Build Update: Painted! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TStro

SILVER Star
Threads
I think the paint came out great! I stayed with the original paint scheme. the fresh paint made a huge difference. My painter didn't have the correct sealer for the rain gutters, so he will soot the roof this week and touch up any small drips and imperfections. Dynamat and headliners are next. I keep going back and forth on whether or not I am going to Dynamat the roof. I have new felt liners to replace the old ones, so I don't know if it will be overkill. Any advice is appreciated. Also, what do you guys think of a simple pinstripe to go over the line between the two colors of the two-tone? I see plenty of decal options but haven't seen many with a pinstripe. I want to keep it clean and simple.

IMG_1587.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

IMG_1592.jpeg

Looks great - local guy here has a stock one with identical paint combo. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Love that color combo. I don't see a need for dynamating the roof. The pinstripe could look very good. It wouldn't really distract from the two tone combo so why not make it unique?

Are both shades the OEM colors? Now you make me want to paint my beige '89 in the 2 tone combo.... looks great!

Yes. Both are the OEM colors from the VIN plate

Yes it is. My painter said the new name for the color is sandalwood beige if that helps. It was hard to judge what the original color looked like with the amount of oxidation, but the codes all pointed to what we used. There are also 3 different shades of beige metallic used over the years. I don’t know why.

There are also 3 different shades of beige metallic used over the years.

At least they were used on different year trucks so you can keep straight what was used on yours. The inside of the hatch or door jambs should provide a good example of the non-faded color(s).

Since you asked about pinstripes - doubtful your truck will see years of harsh UV, but vinyl pinstripes will eventually fail. Hand-painted ones should last. But, I think I'd just leave it un-striped (as factory). You can add pinstripes at any time down the road. My two-tone FJ55 looked great with just the sharp line between the upper white and lower red colors and no stripes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom