Builds Build up: Rusty Mustard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fenders

Question, when you cut out the bigger opening on your back fenders did you do anything to the edge of the metal you cut like bend it over?

Track bar done, and Front Towers are mocked up.. waiting for UPS for more parts :D

IMG_2414[1].jpg

Looking good Trevor. Can't wait to see it in person.... and I thought I was burning the midnight oil...!
I hope you do! I will be some form of a miracle if I make it!

What are the final 4-link and 3-link numbers you settled on?
Ill try to post them soon, bug me if I forget

Question, when you cut out the bigger opening on your back fenders did you do anything to the edge of the metal you cut like bend it over?

Yes with the Toyota Axles the tires tucked under and inside that tube, so I just used a hammer to bend over the lip and give it a smooth surface.. With the new axles the tire will hit the tube and I think it should be good!

Thanks.

Thank you.
I love what you've done. I want to replace my axles w/60 in the back and a 44 in the front. I will need to have one of you help me with link angles then.

Thank you.
I love what you've done. I want to replace my axles w/60 in the back and a 44 in the front. I will need to have one of you help me with link angles then.

A Dana 44 front axle is not worth the trouble of swapping into a 40, Either keep the toyota axles or find a dana 60 IMO

Awesome Trev! Looks like your California ready!

She lives!!

Ive got to learn how to drive it all over again.. quite a different setup, but its working good..

I put bushings on one side and Heims on the other of all the links.:bang: Bad idea!! they are all shot after one day.. need to order up more heims..

Cant wait to get some more seat time in and tune the suspension!

IMG_2470[1].jpg

IMG_24691.jpg

I put bushings on one side and Heims on the other of all the links.:bang: Bad idea!! they are all shot after one day..

that's bad .. that was my plan, I have couple of buddies with this setup working for 'em ..

Nice to see it out on the rocks Trevor! I hope I don't have to wait a whole year to see it in person.... FWIW, as much as some people bag on the Johnny Joints I have yet to rebuild one yet and they're quiet too. Nice work! :cheers:

For what its worth, i used Ruff Stuff Rubber bushings.. I think some quality poly would work better.. Id like to find some Derlin to try.. any feedback on those??

I did replace the upper 3rd link with a rando red poly bushing i had from balistic before the trip, just way too much play for it to be a good solution. Ill let you guys know how it turns out!

Well, Poly Bushings did not fair any better.. Tore up another set Prerunning for Colorado Springs Dirt Riot..

Heims going in the ends of every link this morning.

Race is on Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom