Build progress pics - beware extreme poser content! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found some more poser shots of my junk...and some of the 40 as well :flipoff2:

Nice to finally be driving for more hours than I work on this POS but still a ways to go. It really never ends does it...
TLC poser1.jpg
TLC poser2.jpg
TLC poser3.jpg

Those big tires rubbin a bit? :grinpimp:

a few more - and yeah, I need front bumpstops pretty bad ;)
Saab seats.jpg
TLC poser4.jpg
TLC poser5.jpg

Stock steering setup for now, just made my own drop pitman and lengthened the draglink - will go Hysteer this winter, probably Marlin's 6 bolt knuckles and arms. It isn't pretty but it doesn't work that bad really, much better than before the PS swap. Not sure why mine works that way and others have problems with interference w/spring packs

Not sure about the windshield - it sits where the PO had it bolted to the dash, maybe it is a little farther back but that's where it's gonna be I guess...

Nice job there buckaroo.....Hey thay dont half to be pretty just functional right, like the seat mounts and the metal-tech cage , did you install the cage youself,need to get me a front kit

looks great hay! also like the seat set up, but wher did you hide the gas tank? fuel cell?

jim

looks pretty sweet if you ask me, its got that mean look

Thanks guys -

Fuel tank is underneath the tub in back, Confer style aux tank now made by Northwest Metal Products. Kinda screwed myself for stretching the wheelbase in back to match the front though - the tank would interfere with the diff unless I chop the tub and raise the tank up halfway into the tub. Probably will do that at some point. It is very nice not having the smelly, leaky tank right under the passenger seat though - nice storage area but the weight of the heavy 26 gallon tank behind the axle is not exactly ideal. For what I use it for, fuel capacity is more important than ideal weight balance.

just throw anold tulsa style winch on the front and your balance will will be alright! maybe--why is everything maybe? motto- never say never.

jim

Hi All:

"HayStax," nice 'wheeler! You've made some choice mods to that rig!

What is the tire size? What is the drivetrain?

Best,

Alan
Seattle

haystax said:
Fuel tank is underneath the tub in back, Confer style aux tank now made by Northwest Metal Products.
I checked their website and wow, $568 big ones. I wonder how much of that is for liability insurance?

Nice rig, must be fun to actually get her out of the garage and stretch her legs a little!

HawkDriver said:
Do you have the thick rubber seal between the body and the windshield? Sorry man I've just never seen that before. Looks slicked back, prolly get improved aerodynamics and gas mileage :D

Negatory - no clue that there was supposed to be a thick rubber seal, most of the cosmetic/plastic/wiring/switches/factory niceties were missing when I bought this thing. To this day I have never closely inspected a "stock" LC to see what all I'm missing - not really sure I want to know, but I'm really not that worried. Good eye though - I've never seen pics of other rigs on this board and noticed mine being different. This project has kind of been made up as I go along, the cage is a one-off so it kinda just went together to match the windshield angle. I guess I'm just a laid-back kind of guy so naturally the windshield assumed that quality as well :cool:

Josie'sLandCruiser said:
What is the tire size? What is the drivetrain?

Tire size is about 35x10 I think, measures around 34" mounted @ 12psi - they are called size Q78 in the Swamper book. Stock drivetrain now, 2F - 4spd - 4spd TC, lengthend front drive line and mini CV/LC rear shaft. 4.88 gears but still crawls pretty fast in low range. Orion is on the wishlist but I'd rather stretch the rear and go with a Toybox instead - $$$$ either way.

Well, I just happen to have one on Ebay right now. Lots cheaper than a new one. I would seriously consider getting one, it will prevent damage between the surfaces and keep from rattling the crap out of your windshield, glass, wiper motor etc... And it will look normal :D not that that matters ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom