BUILD :: Moose - 3rd Gen 1997 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:flipoff2:

Actually, as of now, we are about even. I also have removed my running boards, changed my fluids (except for front diff. that will be tomorrow. The plugs have been soaking all week.), greased my shafts, and replaced the rear suspension.

I am still deciding what to do with the front. I want some lift, but not too much yet until I kick my daughter out of it.

I am also waiting on my money tree to grow!!

In summary, and I say this with all of the respect deserving of your title, BITE ME BITCH!!!

Well put, John; maybe you guys can form a subculture; I was followed by a stock Forerunner all over the coal mines of PA but, to be honest, he left plastic parts everywhere...LOL

Hi, thank you for all your pics and updates...I bought a 97 Runner for my daughter and I know nothing about cars or trucks/suv's...Im enjoying learning a few things. These sites with pics are very helpful! Her passenger door handle stopped working and so did her gas door opener. The door was a little yellow clip/holder I bought at the local Toy dealership. The gas door was luckily only a spring that had come off the inside that released the door to open. I took pics also and will have to load them. I haven't downloaded to computer yet. I'm not too good at all this stuff, but the little stuff is kind of fun, and I actually enjoy it! I really don't like how dirty the hands get from even doing this stuff, but I'm dealing with that too...found some wipes at the auto store that I just keep inside her Runner. Ok just wanted to thank everyone for this site and you, "Frey" for your updates and pics...it really does help!!

That's exactly why I posted any of this info... To hopefully help someone else, like so many others here have helped me. Thanks for taking the time to post!

I'm not a fan of grease under the fingernails, either. I bought some good work gloves to keep the hands clean and help minimize the busted knuckles. Also, many others use disposable latex gloves.

Well put, John; maybe you guys can form a subculture; I was followed by a stock Forerunner all over the coal mines of PA but, to be honest, he left plastic parts everywhere...LOL

There is a very active 4Runner subculture over at http://www.toyota-4runner.org.

In fact, if you could find some of those ol' plastic parts you mentioned, you could probably sell 'em there! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom