Builds LATITUDE by G+T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.globeandtribe.com
Hello Mud Denizens-

Picked up a fresh 2019 today. Say hello to Latitude, a turnkey phase 1 delivery from @Eric Sarjeant at Ed Martin Toyota. What started as a search for a 60 or 80 series to turn into a practical expedition rig, yielded to pragmatism and modern convenience of the 200 series. I explained to Eric the plans for the rig over the next 20+ years and we developed a phase I build of OME lift, AT tires, rack, and sliders. I needed a splash of color so my wife and I picked out some vinyl for the D-pillar, then added our company logo since we knew it would turn heads in town and land cruisers are symbolic of Globe and Tribe's frontier travel business. Finally, when I needed just a bit more cowbell, we added the chrome delete.

Appreciate all the resources and knowledge sharing on Mud. Once the coffers are replenished will update on future phases of the build + where Lati takes us .

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

Wow awesome congrats she looks great 👍👍

Looks like a throw-back nod to @ethernectar and his retro stripes. Great looking rig!

Hopped into a white 2019 LC this afternoon at a smallish San Diego dealer that had 2 on the lot... Nothing like the smell of new.

Congrats.

Congrats — very nice! Love seeing the work that @Eric Sarjeant is doing with these trucks straight from the dealer.

It’s fascinating to me that more dealers haven’t gone this route...but maybe it’s because most dealership owners don’t really know how to go about it.

We’ve always griped that Toyota only sells a tamed version...when they could have really done a “TRD Pro” style and charge for it. VERY cool to see a dealer taking that bull by the horns himself and just getting it done.

Bravo @Eric Sarjeant !

Last edited:
Love it! As always @Eric Sarjeant you guys kill it!

What size tires on those Icons?

Hopped into a white 2019 LC this afternoon at a smallish San Diego dealer that had 2 on the lot... Nothing like the smell of new.

Congrats.

When I was looking new I found a dealer with a then new 18 and an 18 Sequoia Platinum I wanted to drive then back to back. I took the Sequoia out first, 5 mins into the later LC I said this is it, but I can imaging throwing a dead elk in the back. I live on an island and someone local bought that Blue Onyx Pearl and I see it regularly, alone with a host of other cruisers, lots of 200's here.

Back the story my wife said, "nothing like that new cars smell until your husband stinks it up with dead elk."

This looks great, congrats. Love the retro stripes, the thought has crossed my mind for my own truck.

Another shout out here for Eric Sarjeant. He and I were planning a similar 2019 purchase/build for me until I found my local 2018 and went that route. Straight shooter, great prices and service, and has remained so even after I went with the used truck from elsewhere. Highly recommended.

Looks Great!! Chrome delete looks awesome!! Do you know if it's wrapped or painted?
We do full removal of grill, headlight trim, lower door molding, tail gate molding and send them to the body shop for paint. We did satin on this one, but have done/can do Matte and gloss too. As for fog surrounds and door trim, that is vinyl.
Thanks everyone for the support and business.

Appreciate the compliments fellas. Coming from an '05 Tacoma this thing is beastly. Mostly it's the height i think.
First order of business is to decide what to do with my '05 Tacoma. My trusty steed only has 145K on the clock over my 14 years with it. We have an '85 300CD and 2010 TSX wagon too so something has to go. Any one else end up missing having a convenience of an open bed / beater? If not the truck then the benz could be cut. like driving a time capsule, but constant gremlins going wrong which drive me batty. There, I just hijacked my own thread.

Looks like a throw-back nod to @ethernectar and his retro stripes. Great looking rig!

Congrats.
Yes @ethernectar's stripes provided the inspiration

Funny you mentioned Crawl Mode sounds horrible. I thought mine was broken when I first heard it! Ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom