Build Check List (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys
Just about have enough parts to start my 2019 Base LC build , crazy thing parts are just slow coming .
Parts I have and coming dose not mean I’m using all , will sort it out .
Have
BP-51
SPC UCA but not using them came with a deal with the BP-51
Total Chaos UCA with ICON Delta joints
Total Chaos rear adjustable Links
5 new TRD Rock Warrior wheels
Spyder Trac 1.25
Bud Built Rock sliders
Full Bud Built stainless skids
Front runner slim rack w / wind defect
Dirty Deeds muffler
TJM T13 front bumper .
Warn 9.5 XP with syn rope

Thats enough to get started putting parts on .

I still have to get tires and a rear bumper , I was holding out for a Slee was suppose to have bumpers available for sale , got the word on the low down only selling this round to people getting them installed at the shop , not sure how true that is but my source is usually pretty good .

So may go another direction on the rear bumper .

Tires are another story , I’m totally tore on what to put on . I’m going ridge grapplers 17 “ so my choices are 285/75r17 , 295/70r17 or could go the 33x12.5r17

A 33” tire will fit with no lift , crazy soon as you go to the 285/75r17 everyone has different fit problems .

Any thing I’m missing ? Besides Kaymar any suggestions on rear tire mount bumper ?

I still have to get tires and a rear bumper , I was holding out for a Slee was suppose to have bumpers available for sale , got the word on the low down only selling this round to people getting them installed at the shop , not sure how true that is but my source is usually pretty good .

We are trying to produce enough bumpers to meet demand. For obvious reasons we assign bumpers from batches for our in house install first, then the balance goes out for sale. A small batch will go out later this month, then more in about 1-2 months. The catch is the number of inhouse installs has gone up and is currently outpacing our production of the bumpers.

I completely understand ... I’m a Slee Customer , I Just got my T13 from you guys last month . You have a great product ... that said I will hold out long as possible on the rear bumper .

Hey guys
Just about have enough parts to start my 2019 Base LC build , crazy thing parts are just slow coming .
Parts I have and coming dose not mean I’m using all , will sort it out .
Have
BP-51
SPC UCA but not using them came with a deal with the BP-51
Total Chaos UCA with ICON Delta joints
Total Chaos rear adjustable Links
5 new TRD Rock Warrior wheels
Spyder Trac 1.25
Bud Built Rock sliders
Full Bud Built stainless skids
Front runner slim rack w / wind defect
Dirty Deeds muffler
TJM T13 front bumper .
Warn 9.5 XP with syn rope

Thats enough to get started putting parts on .

So may go another direction on the rear bumper .

Tires are another story , I’m totally tore on what to put on . I’m going ridge grapplers 17 “ so my choices are 285/75r17 , 295/70r17 or could go the 33x12.5r17

A 33” tire will fit with no lift , crazy soon as you go to the 285/75r17 everyone has different fit problems .

Any thing I’m missing ? Besides Kaymar any suggestions on rear tire mount bumper ?

If I could help your setup and fitment, I'd highly recommend against 1.25" spacers, and instead fit 1" spacers. Rock Warriors are already lower offset at +50mm (vs stock at +60). With a 1.25" spacer, that'll put things at +18 which is too aggressive that'll cause handling issues and also make it harder to fit larger tires. 1". Ideally maybe even .75" spacers if you want to squeeze in the larger tires.

I'm liking 295/70r17. Beefy.

I'd add rear lower shock skids. I use Budbuilt, but Trail Tailor (and I'm sure others) make them too. Good insurance for the shafts of your expensive aftermarket shocks.

If I could help your setup and fitment, I'd highly recommend against 1.25" spacers, and instead fit 1" spacers. Rock Warriors are already lower offset at +50mm (vs stock at +60). With a 1.25" spacer, that'll put things at +18 which is too aggressive that'll cause handling issues and also make it harder to fit larger tires. 1". Ideally maybe even .75" spacers if you want to squeeze in the larger tires.

I'm liking 295/70r17. Beefy.
For what it's worth - For over two years I've run the Rock Warrior/1.25" Spidertrax/LT285/75R17 combo with zero issues. The spidertrax are what I feel helped "correct" my handling back to what feels planted and stable.

I did get the Lower shock guards , I was waiting on the front lower link guard , Bud Built is coming out with a bolt version , Trails version you have to drill your frame .
I’m not a big fan of .75 spacers , people do use them , I don’t feel there is enough mounting meat for me .
Its weird 33’s fit with no problem , most are not a true 33” tire as its been beat to death .
Even the NG 285/75R17 specs in at 33.8
I figure thats about the max I want to be , I really don’t want to relocate the KDSS , not for the reason of the LCA most complain about the angle of the link , all you need is a good grade 8 or 9 bolt and spacer and just relocate the link to the front but I would make a little guard for that ...
My main reason is all the people fabricating the plates are using Aluminum , If I had to relocate I would make a set in steel ... I have a machine shop by the way .
I would have thought someone would have made a set in steel ... I like over kill .
I am considering RG in 295/70R17 which is a 33.3 x 11.8 wide which is not a bad size tire and think it would be fine with 1.25 spacers .

For what it's worth - For over two years I've run the Rock Warrior/1.25" Spidertrax/LT285/75R17 combo with zero issues. The spidertrax are what I feel helped "correct" my handling back to what feels planted and stable.

No argument from me and feel is sometimes subjective. What's important is that it works for you.

It's true a wider track can make things feel more stable with stronger initial turn in, with increased steering effort and feedback at the steering wheel. The initial turn in feel may not carry through as an advantage through the rest of the turn as there are compromises to cornering traction as the wheels don't point in exactly the same direction any longer. A sign of this is in the parking lot and the tires squeal and scrub a lot as they turn. Along with the increased feedback also comes some tugging and pulling particularly at high acceleration or braking loads, or uneven traction situations.

I did get the Lower shock guards , I was waiting on the front lower link guard , Bud Built is coming out with a bolt version , Trails version you have to drill your frame .
I’m not a big fan of .75 spacers , people do use them , I don’t feel there is enough mounting meat for me .
Its weird 33’s fit with no problem , most are not a true 33” tire as its been beat to death .
I figure thats about the max I want to be , I really don’t want to relocate the KDSS , not for the reason of the LCA most complain about the angle of the link , all you need is a good grade 8 or 9 bolt and spacer and just relocate the link to the front but I would make a little guard for that ...
My main reason is all the people fabricating the plates are using Aluminum , If I had to relocate I would make a set in steel ... I have a machine shop by the way .
I would have thought someone would have made a set in steel ... I like over kill .
I am considering RG in 295/70R17 which is a 33.3 x 11.8 wide which is not a bad size tire and think it would be fine with 1.25 spacers .

I agree with the .75" having too little meat and I've said this on many occasions. It's just a balance of factors really.

Machine shop!? That's killer.

I thought Slee's KDSS relo kit was steel, but maybe it's not?

If you want the KDSS relo, just buy a block of steel and drill 4 holes... 2 smaller which you'd run a tap through to use new bolts on and 2 larger which the frame mounting bolts would run through. I don't think you really need a machine shop for that, just a good saw and good drill bits.

I'm in Pennsylvania right on the New Jersey line I do a lot of Overlanding in the NJ pines , mostly all sand and not packed so the wider the tire the better for my build . Nothing like living out west , best we have is Pa mountains old slag and mining trails , if I'm doing that I'm running the side by sides or quads .
Out west I ran full Genright buggies and GEN JK's , LC is kind of new for wheeling for me .
I believe most KDSS relocation brackets are Aluminum , you figure your bolting to steel but then relocating to Aluminum does not sit well with me .. And Yes I would make my own KDSS brackets .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom