Build - 1978 Mustard: Refresh & Updating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's winter...so it's been slow and haven't had time to get a bunch of stuff done (or update here).

Late November was able to take a page from @Goldbug and spruce up my license plate holder with some leftover paint...forgot to grab a "before" pic but here's an after

IMG_3482.jpg

Also, the PO had lost the interior door handle for the drivers side ambulance door and had replaced with a wonderful (not so much) round wood handle that kept falling off and didn't look the part, removed that and added an original one. Here's a pic of the previous one, forgot to take a photo of the original one now on (sensing a trend here?).
IMG_3481.jpg

Also, the in-laws got me a much needed battery tender (went with the NOCO Genius 2 (NOCO - 2-Amp Smart Battery Charger - GENIUS2 - https://no.co/genius2) so now I know that my battery (and FJ) will be ready for a spin whenever I am.

Hoping to get some work done on the front seats, door cards and headliner over the winter (getting them recovered) and am getting some inspiration from @heyitsthecolonel on Instagram (not sure if he's on MUD) but thinking of going with a tartan pattern for the seats, similar to what he has done with the headliner ( similar to how @Rockymtnreaper did with this seats and door cards
2C6A0069.jpg

I've tasked the wife with figuring out exactly what fabric we should go with, got some brownie points there but if anyone has suggestions or thoughts on what would coordinate well with Mustard (leaning towards what Colonel did) please throw 'em out there.

Looking good! I was down in Alexandria two weeks ago for a quick visit with the fam and was tempted to look you up. Lots of cool cars down there compared to New England, must be the lower salt content.

Mine's hibernating with a trickle charger on. Just got thoroughly fluid filmed...
It's winter...so it's been slow and haven't had time to get a bunch of stuff done (or update here).

Late November was able to take a page from @Goldbug and spruce up my license plate holder with some leftover paint...forgot to grab a "before" pic but here's an after

View attachment 2539569

Also, the PO had lost the interior door handle for the drivers side ambulance door and had replaced with a wonderful (not so much) round wood handle that kept falling off and didn't look the part, removed that and added an original one. Here's a pic of the previous one, forgot to take a photo of the original one now on (sensing a trend here?).
View attachment 2539570

Also, the in-laws got me a much needed battery tender (went with the NOCO Genius 2 (NOCO - 2-Amp Smart Battery Charger - GENIUS2 - https://no.co/genius2) so now I know that my battery (and FJ) will be ready for a spin whenever I am.

Hoping to get some work done on the front seats, door cards and headliner over the winter (getting them recovered) and am getting some inspiration from @heyitsthecolonel on Instagram (not sure if he's on MUD) but thinking of going with a tartan pattern for the seats, similar to what he has done with the headliner ( similar to how @Rockymtnreaper did with this seats and door cards
View attachment 2539579

I've tasked the wife with figuring out exactly what fabric we should go with, got some brownie points there but if anyone has suggestions or thoughts on what would coordinate well with Mustard (leaning towards what Colonel did) please throw 'em out th

Looking good! I was down in Alexandria two weeks ago for a quick visit with the fam and was tempted to look you up. Lots of cool cars down there compared to New England, must be the lower salt content.

Mine's hibernating with a trickle charger on. Just got thoroughly fluid filmed...
Don't hesitate to reach out next time you're down!

1 step forward, 2 steps back

It's been chilly the past 10 days in the DC Area (high 20's to high 30's) but the weather has been dry so pulled the truck out of the garage and have been driving it daily for short errands around town. And, my new rear reflectors came in so took my son out with me yesterday to do the quick swap of reflectors in the cold. My passenger side reflector was in pretty good shape, but the drivers side (shown below) was pretty rough from the PO, so swapped them both out.
IMG_3530.jpg
IMG_3531.jpg

Once I knocked that out; took her out for one last spin before the snow that was scheduled for the DC area early Sunday AM, of course, on that trip developed a clutch/transmission issue (see details here) and of course not really able to diagnose this given the current weather conditions. So, looks like this week, if the weather cooperates I need to figure out what's happened to my clutch/transmission...hopefully just a master/slave cylinder replacement but I'm not super confident in that given what I've been able to see so far.

On a bright note, at least snow compliments Mustard!
IMG_3540.jpg

Great Looking truck! Subscribed! Curious to see how your sound insulation works out. I am looking to do the same after I tackle my suspension project.

Maybe you found the answer but your green plug on the driver side is for the vacuum switching valve which looks to be removed. Mine sits in that location anyway but it is not doing anything.

Nice to see another 10/77 Mine is 259991

Great Looking truck! Subscribed! Curious to see how your sound insulation works out. I am looking to do the same after I tackle my suspension project.

Maybe you found the answer but your green plug on the driver side is for the vacuum switching valve which looks to be removed. Mine sits in that location anyway but it is not doing anything.

Nice to see another 10/77 Mine is 259991
The sound insulation has worked well, I only did the floor which has done a good job but really need to do the doors for full impact.

Thanks for the heads up and will keep tabs on your truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom