Bug screen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
It's me again :D

I thought this might be useful for those who sleep in their rig but don't want bugs to come in:

http://www.enkei.co.jp/eaa/rv/source.htm#bug

It folds when not in use and you can still roll up(still use the word "roll" even with power windows?) and down windows while using them. 8) ;)

Later,

mot

Mot
That thing looks great, exactly what I’ve been looking for. But how do we get it over here?

Scott_sFZJ80,

You haven't been following the "Drapes" thread? ;)

If you are desperate, or even if you aren't, I could try to help you. 8) :D

I can't remember how much they are, but not as expensive as the drapes. :) My ultra fast Pentium 133 computer is not as fast as it used to be, my son's asleep in the room and I don't want to spend too much time in here in fear of awakening him. Plus I have to eat dinner before leaving for work in 30min. ;)

Anyway, PM me if you want to persue this. :)

mot

mot - you should post who much these are.
I might be in as well. Those of us who sometimes sleep in our trucks would like em..

They do look a little pricey

13,800 yen. Yes, I'm still here;)

Not horribly expensive, if it weren't for just a pair, for front, 2nd row or the 3rd row windows, I think. So I THINK if you want them for all three windows the price triples. But I don't know for sure. I'll look into it later.

mot

what does 13K8 yen translate to in US $$?

man you should go to work.

Here is what I did for about $5.00 for the front and it looks it. Some refrigerator magnets epoxyed onto some no-see-um screen. Works good for cross ventilation to eat or sleep; then folds (sticks) into a small ball for storage. The rear windows have a wood frame and are more permanent
Bill

Riley, Photoman, Scott and others,

Yes, I did eventually go to work ;)

I didn't mean to have been silent about it. I just got back from a trip over a three-day weekend.

Just found another source for screens and the curtains, cheaper.

http://www.aizu-rv.co.jp/parts/muliti_shade.html
(26,000 yen)

http://www.aizu-rv.co.jp/parts/bug_net.html
(9,800 yen: still only for the 2nd-row windows)

They seem almost identical to the ENKEI ones offered through Shuei site.

Here is the bad news, which I've already told Photoman: The screens are only available for the 2nd-row windows :(

mot

Well only 5 years since this thread was visited last. After two trips @ ~700 miles each I have come to realize that the front grille is just a bug cemetery. Is there any type of bug screen that is currently available? I was thinking about just using standard window screen and maybe duct taping it but thought it would look lame. Any other suggestions out there? Really tired of trying to clean out bug guts and parts from the radiator and condenser.

Well only 5 years since this thread was visited last. After two trips @ ~700 miles each I have come to realize that the front grille is just a bug cemetery. Is there any type of bug screen that is currently available? I was thinking about just using standard window screen and maybe duct taping it but thought it would look lame. Any other suggestions out there? Really tired of trying to clean out bug guts and parts from the radiator and condenser.

You talking about a screen over (in front of) the front/radiator grille?

I belive I've still got one or two of each kind ("TOYOTA" or the "sombrero" symbol).

I can check in my warehouse :)hillbilly:) tomorrow and let you know.

BUT as people have done it, you can probably fab something half-decent up by paying a visit to your local hardware store or doing the "Satoshi" grille mod and take it one step further.:hillbilly:;)

I "think" I've posted pics of the screens, but it's been foever, so I'll take some more if I get ... OK, I think I found one.

Here ya go!

HTH's!

P.S. Never mind the crap in the background!:hillbilly:
PICT0001mud.jpg
PICT0012mud.jpg
PICT0003mud.jpg

Hey MOT! Thats what I'm looking for. I am about to embark on a 3000 miles trip next month and I worry about teh shear amount of bugs ruining my cooling efficiency. The Satoshi grill mod would probably work fine with the adjustment but it just seems like a lot of time taken away from more crucial projects right now. So let me know cost. I also wouldn't need the Toyota emblems as I drive the pink panty delight.

Of I could be doing the Satoshi grill mod if you are going to tell me this thing is ~$500:flipoff2:

Yes that was 5 years ago though. For $138 bucks this will be in the mail for me but I'm sure there will be a price difference. In fact I think MOT will be sick of this thing collecting dust in his warehouse and is looking to off-load it for cheap :D

NLX,

I'll check the availability in a few hours (more like 6 or 8:hillbilly:) when the sun comes up.

I will still honor the old cost if I've got any left.
Hopefully it hasn't turned you off.;)

I'll measure it, weigh it, and give you the shipping cost/options.

BTW, as for the potential cooling loss, I believe these products came from OZ and I would think they would not want to sacrifice too much when it comes to cooling with the climate/driving condition they have. But I believe at least one person, maybe "turbocruiser" was concerned enough that he did not pull the trigger.

I'm going by memory here and my memory is failing fast! So don't blame me if I'm WAY OFF!

Time to put the Mud addiction on hold and hit the sack! (2:00 am)

Mot;)

Yes that was 5 years ago though. For $138 bucks this will be in the mail for me but I'm sure there will be a price difference. In fact I think MOT will be sick of this thing collecting dust in his warehouse and is looking to off-load it for cheap :D

Hey, for getting the 60 from right under me I'll charge you double of what I was asking!:D;)

Talk to you in a few hours!

Mot:)

Hey, for getting the 60 from right under me I'll charge you double of what I was asking!:D;)

Talk to you in a few hours!

Actually MOT, I did you a HUUUUUUUUUGE favor by having you dodge that bullet. I STILL dont have the truck and so far the repairs are costing me upwards of $2k JUST to make it safe to drive!!!!!!! :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Soooooo, I saved you at least $2k. Thinking half price on that screen may be in order :flipoff2:

BTW, in case you haven't already read it, its worth it for a laugh:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/229660-new-fj60-world-come-share-my-pain.html

NLX,BTW, as for the potential cooling loss, I believe these products came from OZ and I would think they would not want to sacrifice too much when it comes to cooling with the climate/driving condition they have. But I believe at least one person, maybe "turbocruiser" was concerned enough that he did not pull the trigger.

I wish I had a turbo to make me to decide to not pull the trigger.

I wish I had a turbo to make me to decide to not pull the trigger.

Well, I hear they're re-introducing the TRD SC soon enough.;)

Now let me go to bed already!:hillbilly:

BTW, good luck with the 60, I have a rear ladder or two for it if you ever feel the need for one.:grinpimp:

Well, I hear they're re-introducing the TRD SC soon enough.;)

Now let me go to bed already!:hillbilly:

BTW, good luck with the 60, I have a rear ladder or two for it if you ever feel the need for one.:grinpimp:

Go to bed, I KNOW we will be talking more. BTW, you really need to make a catalog, even if its just in PDF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom