Bug Catcher Window rubber (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't think Robert Furman has them done yet. I ordered 2 sets to help with the minimum purchase..

Eric-

Have any contact info for him?

I will need at least one set for my 45...

Thanks!

-Steve

Here is his email address. Last I heard from him was the end of May (bulk email to those of us waiting). Maybe you can goose him along, Steve:

robertfurman@cox.net

I"m sure he still needs help re-couping the $ invested in his project.
So he'd probably appreciate the Ping and interest.

They open up 'into' the wind, pivoting in the rear, opposed to pivoting in the center like the later style...

Ken did you contact robert ? he's the one getting the extrusions.. And it's not a hurry.. I can't even remember when he started the project.. Kinda like my order of a soft top.. Took like a year or 2..

It's been over a year. I sent the cash out on June 29th last year. I don't really understand why it takes so long unless the manufacturer is back shelving the project until they have "down" time to play with it. Small run, small money, small priority. Don't know, but it's definitely frustrating.
I think I send Robert status inquiries once a month just to keep it top of mind for him.

He replied back to me that he's got a final (hopefully) sample, and needs to test fit it.

The pics and diagrams look amazing. Who knew a piece of rubber moulding was so complex?

Does my 63SWB have the bug catcher wing vents ? parts are in a tub in storage. Small twist knob.

If so I need a set.

Myrle

Any news? I like to check on this project once a month....

I'm assuming this is FJ45 pickup NOT wagon, is that correct?

pick-up and 40's with bug-catcher windows. Not 45LV.

Time to check in on this again.... anybody heard from Robert?

Not since May. He must be busy!

Just got this word from him....

"Yes I finally got the last sample and it looks good. I'm waiting on a couple of guys who had expressed an interest to get back to me. I was still short on cash and I'm trying to avoid digging into my account. It will all work out in the end though. I should be able to get the final product out to everyone pretty soon though :)"

In other words, if you are thinking of buying and haven't, get on it. The rest of us need our stuff! :)

WTF! Why should anyone buy into this? It's been what, over a year now!?! We've paid for tooling twice and still nothing. I think the smart buyers are waiting to see if we ever get our product, and then they'll just order direct from whomever is going to stock these repros, tlc or sor or rare spares or ...?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom