Buffalo Ny fj45lv (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

There were some difficulties fixing what is under the wheel well. All the bolts broke holding the shield. I had to cut the all out. This side has been a pain.

Just a potential heads up - Make sure you can bolt the door catch hardware to the rear door body. Sometimes the capture nuts are gone or broke off and the catch cannot be mounted securely.
The only way to fix these capture nuts or get a nut on the back of the mounting bolt is to remove the shield...to get in behind the door jam.
Hope that makes sense.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Thanks for the tips, mine are intact and in good shape

You are CRUSHING this build!

Thanks, I have been pretty dedicated. Summer is taking over and I am definitely going to be wrapped up in other things for a while. This project will slow down a bit. I appreciate the feedback, it definitely fires me up !

Just to take your mind off of welding sheet metal, would it be too early to discus color choices?

image.jpg
I like to think about Capri blue! River blue is one I like as well. I try not to think about all the sanding before. Trying to get up the gumption to go for the bearclaw door latches. Are people spraying both sides of the floor with lizard skin type stuff, What about the underside of the roof? Trying to fix the po's first body repair now

I can't speak for normal people, but I did. Both sides with both Lizard Skin products, then Monstaliner, also under the roof. She's quite!

Since you're in this deep already.......I would go bear claw latches. The stock stuff can be a pain sometimes.
I only sprayed the inside of my floors due to it being together. I did however do both sides of the trans cover. I would do both sides if I was in your position.
I glued some foil and felt stuff to the bottom of my roof. The lizard would be good up there to. Basically since you are starting from scratch, do all sound and heat insulating you can. These things are tin cans. It will only make it more enjoyable to drive.

Po's repair had to come out, I couldn't fix it right
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Every time I come back you're still crushing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom