Budget build: reuse or replace? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Putting new bushings on the rear of the 40. shackle pins are pretty pitted. What do you guys think, mandatory replacement? Trying to limit spending where it makes sense and dont want lifted shackles.

2ACAE79D-09E6-4EF0-AEEB-0F69E66882CE.jpeg

56E59646-FAA9-46B7-8F76-5ECCDA78A7B5.jpeg

589831D5-EC1E-451F-BB61-78C9213D41E1.jpeg

I know they may not have been in your budget but putting new bushings in with those pins is like throwing your money away.

Got it. Ill get new ones. Seems OEM ones are not widely available. I think ill call my local spring shop and see if they can do new pins, if not I guess ill do the HFS 1.5“ from ccot.

No disrespect intended but budget and FJ40 DO NOT MIX! My experience has been after fixing too many PO FU’s is that doing it the right way is what you want in the long haul. And yes that means it will probably cost you a few bones. Absolutely the wrong vehicle to own to “do it on the cheap”. As an example a good friend who also owns a ‘88 911 and does most of his own mechanicals has found numerous times that FJ40 parts are more expensive than those for his 911.

Or put a wanted ad up for good used ones. I see folks selling them on mud for very little money when they upgrade their shackles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom