BudBuilt slider install 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure how many hours a shop will charge as it will be hard to get a direct quote with most shops not being familiar with this specific install. I wouldnt go for anything over 4 hours.
If you have a buddy available and a basic socket set you could knock it out in an afternoon.

I installed mine with a buddy and it took around 6-8 hours with a couple breaks. An hour was lost fishing out a lollipop bolt from inside the frame 🤦‍♂️. Majority of the time was spent on the driver side working around the KDSS system. The passenger side I did second and took an hour or so. The youtube install video provided my Budbuilt was immesnesly helpful. Best advise is to leave the bolts loose until all the hardware is installed and then tighten down to spec. This will ensure you have enough play/wiggle to line up the slider with the frame holes.

I think it took me 4-5hrs by myself in the garage with no prior experience in doing such things. The budbuilt install video on YouTube was immensely helpful.

So I'd say less than 2 hours for an experienced installer, 4 for no experience. More than 4 and I'd probably say no to that installer.

I would be leery of trusting a shop to install these. They likely won't take the care you would if you did i yourself.

It's likely that I'm an outlier, but it took me a while of monkeying everyhing just right before I started locking them down. I didn't look at a clock, but know it was more than 6 hours for my rock sliders. A set of flexible head wrenches will help with removing/reinstalling the KDSS components. I did not have those for my install (though now I do). His installation video online is very good. Some people complained about its length, but I appreciated it being largely unedited. If you've got the tools, time, and will I would say do it yourself. It gives you an appreciation of a job done right without corners cut, fine details missed, etc.

You picked a great product. Do what you can to make sure the installation doesn't fall short.

I would be leery of trusting a shop to install these. They likely won't take the care you would if you did i yourself.

It's likely that I'm an outlier, but it took me a while of monkeying everyhing just right before I started locking them down. I didn't look at a clock, but know it was more than 6 hours for my rock sliders. A set of flexible head wrenches will help with removing/reinstalling the KDSS components. I did not have those for my install (though now I do). His installation video online is very good. Some people complained about its length, but I appreciated it being largely unedited. If you've got the tools, time, and will I would say do it yourself. It gives you an appreciation of a job done right without corners cut, fine details missed, etc.

You picked a great product. Do what you can to make sure the installation doesn't fall short.
Thanks. I’ve installed sliders on other vehicles in the past. But time passes and I now have a physical disability which prohibits doing this job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom