BudBuilt Skid Plate Discount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently touched base with Rob @Taco2Cruiser at BudBuilt about skid plates, as the factory skids have no oil pan or filter access ports. He was kind enough to put together a 5% discount for all skid plates and shock guards, regardless of vehicle. Sliders are not discounted.

The code is ih8mudbutiluvBud and currently has no expiration date (of course, that could change).

Thanks Rob!

I probably could have predicted this. Discount comes out 12 hours after I get my skids installed. Story of my life. :rolleyes:

Awesome deal! That discount code cracks me up.

Perty...
1604116418454.jpeg

Pertier...
1604116743188.jpeg

:hillbilly: :steer:

I like mine. I have a full set and sliders as well. They do loosen up and creak like a sob though. I am constantly tightening them.

Anyone know the weight of the stage 3 set? I cannot find it on the BB website.

I do not have the weight for the BB skids but the way I looked at it was that they were designed to do there job without compromise and with well thought out efficiency from experience. The weight can be compared to the weight of a passenger, but at a very low point below the CG.

You may notice your "off the line" time increase at the track slightly, but you will be happy they are there when you scratch to a halt when you didn't expect it.

They offer various material types, so the final weight will vary, depending on what you choose...

I like mine. I have a full set and sliders as well. They do loosen up and creak like a sob though. I am constantly tightening them.
Have you tried vibratite on the screws. It worked well on some problem bolts for me. Amazon carries it.

What do you have loosen up? I haven't had any issues with any of the skid bolts yet..

I have a full set of aluminum plates and the bolts where the plates overlap are the worst offenders although I have even lost a couple out of deeply recessed ones out of the front two plates. Tighten until I just know I’m about to pull a thread and loose again after 500 miles. I shouldn’t have used the anti sizer I guess, although one of the pan head bolts loosened, then siezed. Luckily it was dangling enough I could cut it off with a sawzall. I think the flex of the vehicle is loosening them. It’s a god awful sound too. Just popping and creaking over every little bump at slow speed. Especially noticeable in a drive through with the window down. Sounds like cv joints going out but not as constant.

I see they have changed thier web site. Looks like they have increased the price on the skids, but not sure because of how they have them listed now.

I just installed my Stage 2 (not stage 3 so less the fuel tank skid) over the wknd and I weighted what came off and weighted what went on, the difference was 115# additional.

I installed my Budbuilt Stage 3 skids a few weeks and was able to give them a good test at GSMTR last week. They saved my bacon!!!

DD0AA1BC-9C2E-43D2-B773-07B31479DA6B_1_201_a.jpeg

80FD3BC7-E59B-4689-A7D8-3F09B9E07570_1_201_a.jpeg

CBFC2BDA-4AAB-4A13-B877-47A07093032E_1_201_a.jpeg

I’m really looking forward to mine coming in. I tore up my factory transfer case/fuel tank skids broke a nub off my transfer case, praying the case doesn’t actually crack. I’ll post pictures in the wheeling damage thread when I install my budbuilts.
Total newbie. I thought the stage 1 was ok.

228 lbs for full set of 3/16” SS. Aluminum and 1/8” steel are less.
They have changed their website and you have to build the full set rather than just selecting “stage 3”. If you do build full set, you get a 15% discount so it works out like it did on their pervious site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom