Bucket seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1970 FJ40 and was wondering if I could takeout my split bench seat and replace it with newer FJ40 bucket seats?
I think that this would make for a nicer ride, and more storage because I could put a center console in it too. Also will these bolt in? I am planning on using the stock mounting brackets from the bucket seats. Thanks

I don't think the buckets will bolt right in, I beleive you'll probably have to drill a few holes in the floor; not really a big deal though :-\

I have buckets out of a differant vehicle in mine currently (71). Installed by Previous Owner so do not know where they came from. He used the original framing though. If you get rid of you 60/40 bench may be interested. Anyway I could get a picture and price? Thanks.

the tool box will no longer be functional and be sure to measure and make sure it doesn't present any problems

[quote author=cruiserwanted link=board=1;threadid=9967;start=msg88571#msg88571 date=1073797505]
I have buckets out of a differant vehicle in mine currently (71). Installed by Previous Owner so do not know where they came from. He used the original framing though. If you get rid of you 60/40 bench may be interested. Anyway I could get a picture and price? Thanks.
[/quote]

i put a set of supra seats on the old bench frame in an old 71 many years ago. fairly straightforward and much easier to deal with when cornering (i cleaned up the vinyl on the bench and was halfway to the passenger side, once).

[quote author=nuclearlemon link=board=1;threadid=9967;start=msg88826#msg88826 date=1073888550]
(i cleaned up the vinyl on the bench and was halfway to the passenger side, once).
[/quote]
Hehehe, I learned that lesson on my snowmobile (or should I say OFF my snowmobile). ;)

yeah, been there before on my CR125 and 300ex lol. Im not to sure if im gunna replace them anymore, they were just recovered like 2 years ago and are near perfest, soo i guess ill keep them in. If i do take them out I am going to keep them any way soo sry, wont sell.

I would suggest going to a salvage yard and pick out some seats you like. You can pick any design and any color. You might have to fab a bracket for the bottom but that's pretty straight forward. If that's not your thing thing maybe you know someone who could help you? The only thing you might want to swap out is the seat belts. If you wheeling I hear a harness is the best way to go as far as safety and security. I have a set of Mazda sports car seats in my 73' 40. Just remember comfort over looks! My seats are not comfortable but they look alright. And they don't have head rests which are actually a safety feature (no protection against whip lash). My back seats out of a minivan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom