Buck Rock Trail , June 10 '17 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Aloha Folks ,

Yesterday morning Jerome , Tom & his lit'l ones and I met up at the McDondal's on Hwy. 63 to headed up to Kings Canyon National Park to check out the Buck Rock Tail for the club. We stopped at the Hume Lake Ranger Station to speak with the O.H.V. Ranger Martin and to find out the latest information on the trail. The word we received was it was open & clear but we should look for sections of the trail that needed trail marks added to aid folks along the trail.

The weather was just great ! ! Cool enough to keep us in long sleeves most of the day and never break a sweat. Due to the wet winter & cool temperatures so far this spring there was no dust at all ! !

After airing down we decided to started our trip across the trail at the Lookout on the western end. It was a smooth ride through the trail until we reached the last 1/8 of a mile before the end. There we found a downed tree across the trail and tracks driving around the left end of the tree , off the trail's right of way. Jeromed geared up to cut the tree into manageable pieces for us to move. Trouble with his first saw of choice forced him to use his back up which made quick work of the tree. With the tree now in 6 pieces , Tom & Jerome drug & threw the pieces from the trail making it passable once again. Which would help keep anymore folks from driving off the trail.

With all the hard work done , the rigs aired back up we decided to head home but first we would make a stop for some ice cream. At Bear Mountian Pizzeria Jerome treated us all to some well earned ice cream. Flavor of our choice. Thanks Jerome !

Jerome will be giving a full report at the next scheduled meeting. Oh yeah , no meeting in July as it would be on the 4th of July so it will be on the 1st of August.

Please joining us at the August meeting as Jerome will have the new paperwork that each club members needs to sign so we can continue working with the N.F.S.

P.S. - A "BIG Thank You" to Jerome & Tom for spending their day helping the Club by checking out the tail !

Thanks Dave for the post

image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg
image.png
I think I just figured out to post the pictures from the Buck Rock trip. Sure hope this works this time.

OK , so I'm a Monkey with a rock when it comes to using a computer.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Jerome and Tom hard at work to clear the downed tree.

Standby , I'm still learning.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png
Thank You , Jerome & Tom , for your time & a job well done ! Everyone now has been able to enjoy Buck Rock , stay on the whole trail & Tread Lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom