BT45-TOY in a '98 LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I bought a new to me 1998 LX470 a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to figure out what I'm going to do about the stereo. Currently, I have a FM Bluetooth transmitter from the previous owner that just isn't cutting it. If possible, I'd like to keep the stock unit because most of the aftermarket units I've looked at just don't look great in the big gaping hole that the stock radio takes up. Plus, most of them are entirely touch screen (no volume/seek knobs) which drives me crazy.

I had read a bit about the USA SPEC BT45-TOY (apparently not enough) and decided to order it, but realized when I went to install it that it isn't compatible with a '98. I'm wondering if anyone knows exactly why? I understand that they don't make a harness to fit the radio that I have, but is there any way that I could splice my own? I wouldn't care about losing the functionality of the CD player (doesn't work), tape player (doesn't work), or the radio (poor reception anyways). I just want to be able to play music off of my phone and take calls via Bluetooth while using the factory volume/seek knobs.

Alternatively, does anyone have any better ideas of what I should be doing to achieve this? Are there any larger Double Din stereos out there that won't look so tiny and won't require as much of a bezel?

Welcome to mud. There are a few touch screen radios with a volume knob and some physical buttons. Before I installed a double din radio with a LX470 filler plate, I had a cheap $20 FM bluetooth adapter that sounded great. The cd player in my factory stereo was broken so decided to replace it. My aftermarket head unit highs and mids sound just like the factory stereo but I lost like 50% (just a guess) of the bass compared to the factory stereo. My 01 LX uses a standard harness, I think the older 100's you have to cut up, don't quote me on that, there are lots of threads here you can search through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom