Bryke racing rivnut / nutsert tool - cannot get the head section to loosen from the body section (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Obtained one of these yonks ago and finally have a use for it but I'm having some problems. The device is currently fitted with the M6 mandrel set and I want to fit the M5 set, but I cannot get the head to come loose from the body and I'm damaging the wrench tool trying to make the head come free so I can change out the M6 tool for the M5 one. The collet piece came away easily.

Close-up of damage starting to occur with wrench for bryke racing rivnut aka nutsert fitting tool - https://www.flickr.com/photos/bondagoo/52553426197/

I don't have a workbench with a vice attached currently, and the tool is very awkward to try and hold steady safely while striking the wrench for the head piece with a mallet.

I'm fairly sure it's a normal right hand thread same as for the small collet piece?

Ta.

Looks like standard right hand thread.

Time to get a vise :) Tried to see if a conventional spanner can hold the nose cone hex?

cheers,
george.

Ta yes a bench vice is on the to-do list. I've got an old welding bench in the shed but currently no vice.

Found a vice. Then with body of Bryke tool secured in vice I found I don't have the right size spanner or impact socket to fit the hex on the removable head section - a 22 mm socket is too small and a 24 is too big so seems that 23 mm or 29/32" is needed. Apparently a local tool shop has 23mm impact sockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom