Brush Guards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there,

This is my first time on this website even though I have been familiar with it for years. I just got my family's 1999 LX with only a 180k on the engine after it got into an accident 5 years ago. I wanted to get people's advice on brush guards. We had the headlight, tail light and rear bumper brush guards on the guard before the accident, and I was able to find some tail light guards, but I was not able to find a rear bumper guard, and I asked my dad about them, and he said, you can only find headlight guards, if you look hard enough, and tail light and rear bumper guards are pretty much impossible to find. I am aware that they are damage multipliers and that a lot of people on here probably would be against it, but does anybody know where I can find a rear bumper guard or does anyone on here have a rear bumper guard that they don't want anymore? If anybody can give me some insight or let me know, I would appreciate it.

B

Hey there,

This is my first time on this website even though I have been familiar with it for years. I just got my family's 1999 LX with only a 180k on the engine after it got into an accident 5 years ago. I wanted to get people's advice on brush guards. We had the headlight, tail light and rear bumper brush guards on the guard before the accident, and I was able to find some tail light guards, but I was not able to find a rear bumper guard, and I asked my dad about them, and he said, you can only find headlight guards, if you look hard enough, and tail light and rear bumper guards are pretty much impossible to find. I am aware that they are damage multipliers and that a lot of people on here probably would be against it, but does anybody know where I can find a rear bumper guard or does anyone on here have a rear bumper guard that they don't want anymore? If anybody can give me some insight or let me know, I would appreciate it.

B
I'm not even sure what a rear bumper guard would look like. Just do a google search for bumper guards for your model year land cruiser I'm sure there are some companies who make options.

** But yes, you are right, these are 100% going to cause more damage to the vehicle than if you didn't have them if any real impact were to occur. Maybe good for pushing some brush out of the way though..

My perception is, that most of this type of automotive “bling” is made for the auto dealers to add to their current models for additional profit.

The types of companies that make these products, are not going to have much incentive to continue making products for a low production vehicle, that’s been out of production for 15 years.

(I thought this fad died ~20 years ago, is it making some sort of retro comeback?)

My perception is, that most of this type of automotive “bling” is made for the auto dealers to add to their current models for additional profit.

The types of companies that make these products are not going to have much incentive to continue making products for a low production vehicle, that’s been out of production for 15 years.

(I thought this fad died ~20 years ago, is it making some sort of retro comeback?)
I mean I could see if you are on a budget and just wanted a simple brush guard it's fine. Before I added all the stupid heavy bumpers to my rig I was close to going that route, it just depends on the OP's goal. Shoot even just for a place to mount some lights. If the goal is to protect against a deer strike or accident it obviously won't help.

Thank you for the input guys,

I know it's risky and that they were not that popular, but the main reason I want to have the rear bumper is just because it brings me back to my childhood because it was my favorite car growing up, and I liked the way it looked. We added them about a month or two after we bought the car in 2004, but that's the main reason why I was looking for them.

Right on. A quick google search turns up just front brush guards but I suspect there is some sort of universal option out there that will adapt to the rear mounts on the cruiser. Do some Googlin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom