Brush Guard for a 60?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Mike S, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Mike S

Mike S

I would like to get a brush guard for my 60 that would leave my stock bumper in place, protect the grille, lights, hood, and provide a place to mount my driving lights. I can't seem to find one from a manufacturer.

Any suggestions, or do I get one made to my own design?

Mike S

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
  3. Mike S

Mike S

4. dogboy

dogboy

:doh: the accessory police will have to bust you for an aesthetic faux-pas if you roll with one of those ugly ass guards from Spector......man, those things are fugly! :slap:

besides, they won't do much beside stopping the errant small branch or two -- you can forget any front end protection if you tag a deer, tree, or rock :'(

go aussie.....

5. Mike S

Mike S

[quote author=dogboy link=board=1;threadid=13295;start=msg122907#msg122907 date=1079571209]
    :doh: the accessory police will have to bust you for an aesthetic faux-pas if you roll with one of those ugly ass guards from Spector......man, those things are fugly! :slap:

besides, they won't do much beside stopping the errant small branch or two -- you can forget any front end protection if you tag a deer, tree, or rock :'(

go aussie.....
    [/quote]

But I LIKE the chrome! Can I get Arb IN CHROME? :D

Seriously, I do not want to look like a paramilitary unit when I roll up to the ranch house to ask permission to bird hunt. I am not going to go out and see how badly I can trash the Cruiser in the rocks. I just want protection from the brush along the trail and a place to mount my driving lights...

Mike

6. dogboy

dogboy

well a man's gotta do, what man's gotta do.... hmmmm, interesting trick, stunning the birds with the gleaming reflected sunlight off the chrome bling-bling, kind of a field hypnosis/paralysis thing -- very clever ;)

you know, the Spector units are probably more of what you have in mind but..... no chrome for you amigo :'(

you sure you don't want to go aussie? check these out:
    http://www.tjmproducts.com.au/master_frameset.asp

just trying to do my part to keep '60's beautiful the world over,

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.