1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brush Guard for a 60?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Mike S, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Mike S

Mike S

I would like to get a brush guard for my 60 that would leave my stock bumper in place, protect the grille, lights, hood, and provide a place to mount my driving lights. I can't seem to find one from a manufacturer.

Any suggestions, or do I get one made to my own design?

Mike S

2. Landpimp

Landpimp

3. Mike S

Mike S

4. dogboy

dogboy

:doh: the accessory police will have to bust you for an aesthetic faux-pas if you roll with one of those ugly ass guards from Spector......man, those things are fugly! :slap:

besides, they won't do much beside stopping the errant small branch or two -- you can forget any front end protection if you tag a deer, tree, or rock :'(

go aussie.....

5. Mike S

Mike S

[quote author=dogboy link=board=1;threadid=13295;start=msg122907#msg122907 date=1079571209]
    :doh: the accessory police will have to bust you for an aesthetic faux-pas if you roll with one of those ugly ass guards from Spector......man, those things are fugly! :slap:

besides, they won't do much beside stopping the errant small branch or two -- you can forget any front end protection if you tag a deer, tree, or rock :'(

go aussie.....
    [/quote]

But I LIKE the chrome! Can I get Arb IN CHROME? :D

Seriously, I do not want to look like a paramilitary unit when I roll up to the ranch house to ask permission to bird hunt. I am not going to go out and see how badly I can trash the Cruiser in the rocks. I just want protection from the brush along the trail and a place to mount my driving lights...

Mike

6. dogboy

dogboy

well a man's gotta do, what man's gotta do.... hmmmm, interesting trick, stunning the birds with the gleaming reflected sunlight off the chrome bling-bling, kind of a field hypnosis/paralysis thing -- very clever ;)

you know, the Spector units are probably more of what you have in mind but..... no chrome for you amigo :'(

you sure you don't want to go aussie? check these out:
    http://www.tjmproducts.com.au/master_frameset.asp

just trying to do my part to keep '60's beautiful the world over,

-dogboy- '87 FJ60