Brush Guard Compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1994 Land Cruiser

Had anyone seen a compatibility list for brush guards? I’m think about what years and models will fit on our 80’s series. I’m guess maybe some 4Runners and FJ’s might be compatible but so far I haven’t been able to find a list. Thought I’d check here just in case.
Thanks

I’m guess maybe some 4Runners and FJ’s might be compatible
Not without substantial modifications that will require welding.

Most here are going to strongly advise you against a brush guard. Get a steel or aluminum bumper instead…

...but so far I haven’t been able to find a list.
Yeah, we call brush guards 'damage multipliers' because if it's mounted with the factory bumper, even a mild bump will push the guard into the front of the truck, causing damage to many things that would not otherwise be damaged w/o the guard in place.
Likely why there aren't many resources for them.

1994 Land Cruiser

Had anyone seen a compatibility list for brush guards? I’m think about what years and models will fit on our 80’s series. I’m guess maybe some 4Runners and FJ’s might be compatible but so far I haven’t been able to find a list. Thought I’d check here just in case.
Thanks
If you're interested in a rare chrome brush guard, let me know.

Yeah, we call brush guards 'damage multipliers' because if it's mounted with the factory bumper, even a mild bump will push the guard into the front of the truck, causing damage to many things that would not otherwise be damaged w/o the guard in place.
Likely why there aren't many resources for them.
Your comments got my wheels turning. Since I’m very new to landcruiser, I posted a pic of my hood because it seems to bow out on each side and not close right. There’s also a couple of spots on each side of the front side of the hood that I couldn’t explain. Then, looking at the grill and how the lights are assembled in a few people commented that it might have been in an accident. The bumper also seems to be new. Now I’m thinking what LandLocked summaries with the brush guard is what actually already happened to mind. Take a look at the pics and let me know your thoughts.

C639968E-D2DA-433A-9DAC-35AE84278885.jpeg
1E48ADAC-E431-44ED-B812-0847BBA0A055.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom