Bruiser wants to jump when braking hard. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i recently had my suspension re did, All completely oem parts because i’m not putting aftermarket on it. Whenever i go to break it wants to jump really bad so i have to grip it tighter. I’m also realizing that she floats really hard turning right but turns with ease when turning left. Anybody have this happen to them?

need more info.

What do you mean by jumps

What do you mean floats going right but turns easy going left. Be as descriptive as possible to help us help you.

So i recently had my suspension re did, All completely oem parts because i’m not putting aftermarket on it. Whenever i go to break it wants to jump really bad so i have to grip it tighter. I’m also realizing that she floats really hard turning right but turns with ease when turning left. Anybody have this happen to them?
STOP Driving it until you get this checked!

This describes sheared knuckle studs on the bottom of the right front knuckle.

This is a potentially catastrophic failure!

Well, I’ll be more precise. My bad. So It’s rock solid. Nothing leaking out nothing loose. Did find dripping of some sort.

0EA773F8-E210-4A27-BB96-E13919598F90.jpeg

D26D0B5C-DD3F-42EB-829D-FA52C9F52EA0.jpeg

Also if anyone’s near LA I’d appreciate the ride out to help me. Really new to these amazing trucks and i don’t want to damage a Gem. Will have really great bbq and whiskey if you stop by.

You need to check the torque on those nuts covered in grease & muck. That said given that they are still coved in muck I don't think they were touched during your recent work and likely are still tight.

If those fall off (which has happened, see the thread @BILT4ME linked previously) you will loose ALL of your steering. This can and has resulted in serious accidents.

Well, I’ll be more precise. My bad. So It’s rock solid. Nothing leaking out nothing loose. Did find dripping of some sort.

View attachment 2900242

View attachment 2900243
Upon further review, it appears you have taken pics of BOTH side of the axle.

There is something very different about this axle.

What year and series is this truck?

Please provide pics of the overall truck as well as the entire front axle.

You are in the 80 series section (not 1980's) but the trucks 1991 through 1997 USA spec.

Please advise what you have, as you just joined today.

Upon further review, it appears you have taken pics of BOTH side of the axle.

There is something very different about this axle.

What year and series is this truck?

Please provide pics of the overall truck as well as the entire front axle.

You are in the 80 series section (not 1980's) but the trucks 1991 through 1997 USA spec.

Please advise what you have, as you just joined today.
1990 fj80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom