For Sale Sold! Brown Thunder: 2000 - Triple Locked - 121K - Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000 Land Cruiser. 121,8XX Miles. Triple-Locked. Same owner since Aug, 2010. Originally out of Irvine, CA. $23,000.

Note: Please read entire listing!
Note: Posting title will change to “Sold” when sold, otherwise it’s available. Cross posted to Expo and CL

Brown Thunder is up for sale. She’s been a great trail rig, but I’m now focused on my 200 build and it’s time to create some garage space (as well as pay for some 200 bits!). This is a well-built, well-sorted trail rig.

PM me for more details and I’ll give you my email and phone and I can answer any questions.

Mods include:

Tires/Wheels
Tundra OEM Wheels
Cooper ST Maxx 295/70R18s (Purchased 11/16, 7,000 miles)
1” Wheel Spacers​

Axles/Drivetrain
ARB Lockers F/R
ARB Locker Compressor
Nitro Gear 4.88s
Custom Woody’s Rear Propeller Shaft.​

Suspension
Radflo Long Travel 2.5” Remote Reservoir Shocks
Total Chaos UCAs. Fresh poly bushings.
MetalTech Rear Upper Links
MetalTech Rear Lower Links
OME Torsion Bars. 866 rear springs
Slee Diff Drop​

Armor
Ironman Commercial Front Bumper
Bump-It Offroad Rear Dual Swingarm Rear Bumper (High-Lift Jack NOT included).
Bump-It Offroad Fuel Can Carrier (Jerry Cans NOT included).
Bump-It Offroad Ladder (not installed, comes with truck).
MetalTech sliders​

Recovery
Titan 12K winch with synthetic line.​

Electrical
Full custom dual electrical system.
BlueSea 7622 ACR (500A!)
BlueSea breaker and rear fuse panel.
National Luna Battery Monitor
X2Power AGM Group 34 Starting Battery
X2Power AGM Group 31 Hotel Battery
Rack-mounted independent left/right camp area lights
Overhead switch panel.
Extra USB/12V outlets throughout.
Kenwood DNX571HD Nav Head/HD Radio/Bluetooth & Speakers
HIR headlight bulb replacement
Cobra CB radio
Wagonwire Relay Box​

Camping
Custom Metal Drawer/Fridge System (Fridge/Slide NOT included. Drawer contents NOT included.) These are full-extension drawers and are awesome.
FrontRunner 13 gallon Fresh Water Tank, hose, pump
Other
Doug Thorley Headers
Custom 304 Stainless Steel oversized roof rack (92”!)
Comes with all of the OEM bits, including
Bumper Skins (F/R)
Running Boards
Roof Rack
F/R Diff Carriers and Gears
UCAs
Third Row Seats
Misc spares.
Weathertech Mats​

Recent Maintenance
Extensive Timing Belt job done at 95K. Replaced every accessible major/minor hose, belt, pulley, water pump, etc. Replaced heater hose tees/hoses/clamps. Used all OEM Toyota parts and coolant.
Brake fluid flush. Toyota Fluid
Rear wheel bearing replacement (expensive job, be glad it’s done!)
Front wheel bearings
Front diff seals
Fresh Mobile 1 diff fluid
Everything that has a zerk has recent grease.
Always Mobile 1 synthetic, changed annually (usually around 6,000 miles).
Amsoil Trans Fluid
Ignition Shaft Replacement (was replaced proactively, original prone to breakage).​

Does not come with: ARB Fridge, Fridge Slide, Hi-Lift, Drawer Contents, Shackles.

The bad:
  1. You’ve heard of a ‘good 20 foot truck’? You know, a truck that looks good from 20’ away? Well, this is a good 5’ truck. Maybe a good 3’ truck. It’s seen trails and even though it’s well detailed, I’m not going to blast through the clear coat to get rid of the pinstripes. They’re still visible when you’re up close. There are a few minor dings, but nothing major. The worst is on the upper tailgate from when I shut the swingarm with the gate partially open (never see it with the gate closed). Bug honestly, this truck is probably in better fit/finish than 90% of the mall trucks out there. I take care of my fleet.
  2. Ever since gearing to 4.88s the truck has had a bit of a vibration between 52 and 62. I’ve tuned most of it out with pinion angle and a new drive shaft. It’s been to driveline shops and there’s absolutely nothing mechanically wrong. 4.30s are included if you’d like to change back. The 100s are sensitive to vibration.
  3. The front is slightly loose. It might be steering rack, it might be LCA ball joints. It’s not bad enough to replace yet, but it’s on the horizon.
  4. The o-ring on the rear locker is finicky. If it’s warm and covered with fluid it’s air tight. Cold and it can take a couple throws of the switch to seat the locker. Again, not worth fixing simply full disclosure.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Last edited:
It’s been a great ride Nick, but it’s time for the next adventure! The 200 will be a bit more mild build... and a DD.

Outstanding. So well sorted and I love that color. GLWS. Wish I was in the mkt, going to fwd to my brother in Detroit to tempt him..

If only they made the 200 in Desert Bronze Metallic. It is a fantastic color! The only other brown I’ve ever liked was on the early 911s.

Nice truck. Great price. Anyone who wants a well built truck should buy this and save a ton of money over doing this yourself!!

Unbelievable....so badly want but just not the right time!

This truck is absolute perfection. One question though: how the heck did you keep your steering wheel so fresh? Is that a re-wrap?

I wash my hands! Lol. Not a re-wrap, all OE.

Good on you! Bought my truck with the wheel already falling apart and searching for something that looks OE.

GLWS!

I was considering going with one of the ebay wheels with the oversized grip and fresh leather, but mine was in good condition and it never made it high enough on the priority list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom