Brothers axle is bent is that good????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
we got all the insides out no problem and everthing turns good with no metal in the pumpkin

the leaf springs were attached and one was bent, the sway bar also had a funky curve to it, the long side spring perch looks like it has been "rounded" but the short side looks bent and the long looks good

who could i take this to (diff shop who installs gears??) and find out

also it has 4.88 gears and warn premium locking hubs

You could take it to any mechanic shop and they would tell you the same thing, it is bent... mabey not enought to bind your inners, but enough to not even waste your time building... A new housing can be had for cheap around here, I woul look for a straight one and swap all your gear into it.

If it had messed up perches and a bent spring, you probably bought a wrecked axle... call up the PO and ask him to refund your $$$ or buy you the new housing...

it was probably chain snatched from the front axle rather than a recovery point on the chassis.

That housing is bent to s***! There is no way that I would spend another moment on it, it is SCRAP!!! Regardless if you tore it apart without any issues, keep the parts, the housing is wasted...

You will be wasting your time on this if you contiune to try and use this piece of junk...

But hey,

Good luck!

-Steve

talked to the guy (actually got it from a fellow ih8muder R.K.)

and he is searching for another....and wanted to know "what can I do to compensate you for this problem?" now thats cool as hell of him, a really really good guy

if you live somewhat near raleigh, nc then i would contact him if you need ANY parts for your cruiser, i know he has a 2F for sale now and he goes thru cruisers like i go thru gas.

just wanted to update you guys on the situation and thank R.K. again, i will purchase thru him again without any worries

R.K. for president :)

Good to know that he is rectifying the situation.

Do not know how that could have been sold as a good, usable unit in the first place tho...perhaps there is more to the story...

-Steve

i will post a pic of it when i got it

it had the springs attached, swaybay, and everything else....looked alittle bent depending on the angle but the hubs turned so i thought it might suppose to be that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom