Builds Brosky's Never to late build thread

GW Nugget

Do the best you can with what you have...
SILVER Star

Awesome.
Did you drive to the trail? If so how does handle at frreway speeds & mountain roads?

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor

Seems like you are pretty well there on the sheet metal now but for future reference.

I take the factory seam sealer off several ways. Dry ice works great, make a slurry using rubbing alcohol. Hard to put this in wheel wells though. For that, I burn the s*** out of it with a mapp torch. Then hit it with a wire wheel on the 4” grinder or on the die grinder. It is dirty and nasty but works good and doesn’t waste expensive flap discs.

Also, if you are worried about zinc or can’t get it clean enough for good welds, the SpeedyBlaster is the tool of choice for prep. I got a blast cabinet too and sand blast as much as I can for welding prep these days. I buy a new bracket or make one, it gets blasted before any welding.

$500 CL score plus a few hundred to fix it up.

A776833D-CBF1-4CAD-82B6-586F88D3601C.jpeg

Cheap, messy but works good for anything on body/chassis.

32F80115-5054-45CD-AC23-224EFED3C4B6.jpeg

As you figured out, .23 for sheet metal. I turn up the speed a lot too. Allows me to lay beads vs tack tack tack. I of course start with racks and control heat so no warpage but 2”-3+” beads is no issue.

Cheers

Top Bottom