Builds Broski's Adventure Rig build thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your build is like surgical workmanship.
Looks great.
I hope you will be able to run the A/C on deep freeze when its a 120*F outside while in crawler I mean Cruiser mode.

Got her smoged today Passed without issue :clap: good for another 2 years.

Got another one one checked of the list. Moved my AC dryer up by the battery
1617936516895.png

This is get the lines mocked up
1617936596275.png

All complete, with new dryer.
1617937043988.png

With a big thanks to @landtank for the excellent right up complete with part number for everything needed to get the job done.

Just a little up date on my Kanati Mud Hogs. There made by Greenball corporation that has been making tires for 40 years, the company was founded in 1976 in Anaheim, Calif.
They are a American company, but the the Kanati tire in made in Indonesia.
After over a year of running these tire in the sand, rocks, dirt, snow, and on the street I can say they work well they hook up well in all conditions and even after being beat to sh*t at places like JV ( the hammers) the continue to run smooth on the street.
These are 39s with no balancing, that's right no beads in the tires no weight on the wheels and they run true and smooth.
Here they are this morning on the way to get the AC charged back up.
1617939179524.png

One finger at 70 plus smooth as can be.
1617939289993.png

Then on the way home I one upped it no hands at all, tracking straight and true and smooth as can be. and no my knee is not on the wheel.
All my previous tires needed to balanced or they rattled my teeth out.
These tires have meet all my off road expectations and at the end of the day still ride home smooth. I'm loving them 🤷‍♂️ :)
1617940085252.png

You can see I don't baby them.

Last edited:
Just a little up date on my Kanati Mud Hogs....
You need to quit telling people. They are getting really hard to find now and price has gone up.

I paid 272. My buddy paid 285. My new buddy that I helped order a set paid 305.

Thanks for telling me about these awesome tires. Maybe I need to quit telling people to. 😆

I picked up this little guy
1618884355948.png

I wanted to do some testing, so I wired up a pig tail set my hand throttle to 1500RPM.
Lowed the air in the front tires still on the truck to 10 PSI and then aired them up to 25PSI
I did this 5 times, it did it in a minute and a half to a minute 40 seconds. the tires are 39x12.50x17s I think that's dam fast for the size tire. Impressive
This means I can have all 4 tires aired up in less the 10 minutes.
Now i just need to decide to run it tank less or with the Tank I have mounted under the truck already.
The Viair is out Puma is in. The Viair could not fill 1 tire in 10 minute let alone all 4.

Love that bumper and color. Looks great on your truck!!! Nice build!

I picked up this little guy
View attachment 2650609
I wanted to do some testing, so I wired up a pig tail set my hand throttle to 1500RPM.
Lowed the air in the front tires still on the truck to 10 PSI and then aired them up to 25PSI
I did this 5 times, it did it in a minute and a half to a minute 40 seconds. the tires are 39x12.50x17s I think that's dam fast for the size tire. Impressive
This means I can have all 4 tires aired up in less the 10 minutes.
Now i just need to decide to run it tank less or with the Tank I have mounted under the truck already.
The Viair is out Puma is in. The Viair could not fill 1 tire in 10 minute let alone all 4.
Which model puma is that

You'll come to love the Puma as is. I mounted mine in rear by fridge on slide out by my rear fuse block. As long as voltage is a good 12V plus, it'll perform and last. Kevin (@Tools R Us ) highly recommended it. That's why I got one and am mucho satisfied! 👍

Been rocking the PUMA a long time too. Just need to figure out where to put the damn thing.

Pumas are great. I had mine mounted on a platform over the rear fender. But eventually I got rid of it and replaced it with a 20lb co2 tank

8426236336_df5be8ff07_b.jpg

Pumas are great. I had mine mounted on a platform over the rear fender. But eventually I got rid of it and replaced it with a 20lb co2 tank
I ran a Viar on my old crawler and both my cruisers. I held off for years on a powertank. Won one at a raffle and been using it for 2 years now. Way faster fill. but it does cost $ to refill. Powertanks are well worth it for larger tires. My viars are backups now

I ran a Viar on my old crawler and both my cruisers. I held off for years on a powertank. Won one at a raffle and been using it for 2 years now. Way faster fill. but it does cost $ to refill. Powertanks are well worth it for larger tires. My viars are backups now
For me it's all about convenience or should I say inconvenience. It's a 30 to 40 minute drive one way to drop off a tank to have it filled then go back to pick it up.
Plus how much faster can it be 🤷‍♂️ if I can fill a tire in a minute and a half that's plenty fast for me.
It's also nice to know that I don't have to worry about running out of air on longer trips ;)

For me it's all about convenience or should I say inconvenience. It's a 30 to 40 minute drive one way to drop off a tank to have it filled then go back to pick it up.
Plus how much faster can it be 🤷‍♂️ if I can fill a tire in a minute and a half that's plenty fast for me.
It's also nice to know that I don't have to worry about running out of air on longer trips ;)
need to find ya a place to refill closer. They fill mine on the spot so not 2 trips.

I was exactly like you in thinking till I tried CO2. It's so much nicer. Yeah, you still waiting for your buddies to fill up. *COUGH*. Cause they the slow one, but it gives you time to have a drink or two. You're only as fast as the weakest link.

A minute and a half with the Puma on 39" tires? It would take me about 40min to air up a set of 37s from 15 to 40psi, that was the main reason for switching to co2. But having to refill tanks and always having limited air on hand is a downside too.

A minute and a half with the Puma on 39" tires? It would take me about 40min to air up a set of 37s from 15 to 40psi, that was the main reason for switching to co2. But having to refill tanks and always having limited air on hand is a downside too.
Post #267 10 psi to 25 psi in a minute & 30 to 40 seconds, tested it 5 times. For me there no need for 40 PSI for street use. the bigger the tire the less psi needed, lots of info on the net about this. ;)

need to find ya a place to refill closer. They fill mine on the spot so not 2 trips.

I was exactly like you in thinking till I tried CO2. It's so much nicer. Yeah, you still waiting for your buddies to fill up. *COUGH*. Cause they the slow one, but it gives you time to have a drink or two. You're only as fast as the weakest link.
For you big City guy it's closer. Theirs definitely no place closer to me and they don't fill on the spot. I do have buddies with tanks so I am familiar with how they work and how inconvenient there are when they run out and need to be filled 🤷‍♂️ ;):cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom