Builds Broski's Adventure Rig build thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We ran some hard trails and the Cruiser went up everything I pointed it at, some of the JK were taking the bypasses to avoid trail damage and my Son (a newbie ) was asking why there were having a harder time then we were on the same obstacles. Ha ha
1603037919518.png
1603038280315.png
1603038324007.png

Some damage
1603038367713.png

Sh*t well buff out
1603038409094.png

Thayer & Raven, I had Thayer doing a lot of the driving he was enjoying it. All the damage was done by me 🤷‍♂️ :eek:.

What trails did you all run? Such and awesome place!
Milts mile, Joint Effort, The Maze, Slip lock Gultch , Double Sammy, John's trail, West Rim, plan B, and triple 7s.
I can't wait to go back !!

Last edited:
If you have been following my build then you know that late last year I started fitting the new 39s on bead locks. I now have enough seat time to give a honest review. First I spent a lot of time to keep a low COG, it sits at the same height as it did with the 37s, has close to the same up travel and rides better on and off road then it did with the 37s and the old suspension.

To make the 39s fit the front axle had to be moved foreword, for whatever reason I moved it 11/8" foreword plus the 1" bigger in radius tires = a much better approach angle. It's was a very noticeable difference when approaching ledges on my recent trip to Sand Hollow.

It now has 1" more clearance at the Diffs makes a noticeable difference on Rocky trails like the Dusy Ershim.

The Kanati mud Hog M/Ts hook up really well, They run smooth on the Highway at 70 MPH with no balancing, They were one of the only tires I could find that are taller then a 37 and 12.50 wide. I did not want to go wider then a 12.50, The price point made them a winner. I got them at Tires - easy .com for 271.70 each delivered to my door Tax & shipping included.

I mounted them on Battle Born bootlegger bead locks, The wheels have 31/2" back space and are 17x9s this give the Reg a 3" wider stance at the center of the tire, makes it more stable on the the road and in off camber situations on the trail another win. I got them on a black Friday 20% off sale sweet !!

With out a doubt the new tire and wheel combo with all the modifications I did to make them fit at the same ride height made it a better trail Reg, but at the same time there was noticeable loss of power, on my first trail ride I noticed it was much harder to get the front tires to climb up a obstacle and after I aired down it was hard to get up to speed on hard packed roads or pavement. This was never a issue with the 37s.

I was already running 5.29s and low range transfer gears. I needed more power in hi & low range so I had Shoppy install a set of the 10% under drive gears. This has brought it back to what it was power wise with the 37s except for in hi range in the sand dunes I still feel a loss of power over the 37s.

I am very happy with the new set up it works well and I am not going back to 37s. That being said I think that 37s are the sweet spot for a 80, minimal effort to make them work. Yes the 39s have improved its abilities on the trail, But it took a lot of time work and CASH to make it happen.
1603161372268.png

And they look SWEET !!!

Went to Johnson Valley with some friends. Good times were had by all. We got fore days of wheeling in, Sweet.
1605969544667.png

My Reg is flexing much better with the new springs. 👆 weather was perfect. 👇
1605969779718.png

The crew and Reg's 👇
1605970092250.png

Noah 👇
1605970179723.png

Coming up upper big Johnson trail.👇
1605970465295.png

The upper half of this trail is no joke, steep, big rock's and it gets really tight.

This is the water fall on Aftershock trail it's called Depreciation Knob
1605971441777.png
1605971500525.png
1605971541179.png
1605971589917.png
1605971626387.png

Everybody made it through no winching or damage:rofl:

This is on the Tack Hammer trail.
1605972063137.png

Shane and his Reg making it look easy, linked on 4Ds
1605972184336.png

Noah making his way up the trail.
1605972349411.png

Dan in his mini truck on 38s
1605972432385.png

And Kenn in his 4runner
1605972965387.png

1605974210954.png
On this trip we Ran Tack Hammer, Claw Hammer, Turkey Claw, Upper & Lower Big Johnson, Down Boulder Dash and aftershock.
On Friday morning we were feeling a bit BOLD and went over to run Sledgehammer, We got to the first water fall decided to walk up to Plaque Rock, as a group decided it was to hard ( body damage and or breakage was imminent ) Plaque Rock looked totally doable but just after that there was huge boulders surrounded by big holes, maybe next time 🤷‍♂️ 😉

Looks like a great trip.

View attachment 2502104On this trip we Ran Tack Hammer, Claw Hammer, Turkey Claw, Upper & Lower Big Johnson, Down Boulder Dash and aftershock.
On Friday morning we were feeling a bit BOLD and went over to run Sledgehammer, We got to the first water fall decided to walk up to Plaque Rock, as a group decided it was to hard ( body damage and or breakage was imminent ) Plaque Rock looked totally doable but just after that there was huge boulders surrounded by big holes, maybe next time 🤷‍♂️ 😉

Awesome trip!

Some video from JV Claw hammer

The cut fenders and bigger tires were a good idea. What would you charge me to do my fender wells???????

TOO COOL... more vids please.

Yes how much for tubing out my fenders? Asking for a friend.
Im sure cutting them out would be free, but sealing it up would be a premium price. :rofl:

Last edited:
Claw hammer trail just before the last video. Who said 80s can't crawl

Sand Hollow earlier this year. sorry about the sound 😉

Sand Hollow earlier this year. sorry about the sound 😉

You had to be puckered on this one. That looked suuuuper tippy ON CAMERA. I can’t imagine how it felt in the cab! Nice driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom