SOLD Broomfield, CO: 1978 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(255, 6, 6)
New season of life means I want to sell my toy. This is a great '78 ready to drive as is (starts great, runs great, no fixes needed), take it completely stock, or build it up for some 4x4 fun. It has been garaged for the last 15 years.

Asking $19,900. Odo says 23k miles, so probably 123k.
SOLD 11/1/2020 - $18,500.

All stock drivetrain and engine. Front seats are from a Celica Supra, rear fold and tumble is from a Mitsubishi Montero. Still have original fronts and rear jumps. 4" BDS lift installed with custom rear quarter panel work (that's a joke.) As is it works perfectly.

Changed to white wagon wheels and 33x12.50 tires, but still have original SIZE wheels, along with some spare doors for making half doors if you like. 1987 FJ60 power steering pump already installed on a custom bracket. Included is a 1985 4Runner power steering box that I haven't installed yet. Also have original mirrors. Current ones were installed to allow for running without doors. Also have solid running boards to replace the ones that are rusted.

Normal rust spots that you can see (please ask if you need more photos) with some obvious Bondo work on left rear quarter panel.

New radiator because the bent fins and bugs wouldn't keep it cool on a trip back from the Black Hills. New fuel pump installed 6k miles ago because it was leaking.

Lots more photos, but for now I can only attach 5...

IMG_1676 (2).jpg

IMG_1677 (2).jpg

IMG_1678 (2).jpg

IMG_1679 (2).jpg

IMG_1680 (2).jpg

Last edited:
looks good, link the CL ad and one drive with all the photos!

Original paint? Interior and or engine pics?

love the rear fenders mods. Did the exact same thing to my first cruiser back in 1989 or so. Remember my dad saying stop jumping your truck...

Here's the CL link: 1978 FJ40 Stock Drivetrain - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

I did not paint anything, but the rear has clearly been painted - there's red paint on the weatherstripping. I expect there was an okay tub repair, but the front is untouched. You can see paint fade on the front where the LC emblems should be.

Some interior and engine pics are in the CL post. I've had a request for the floor in back and more of the frame and under the fenders, so I'll post those tomorrow.

There has been some interest in the extra doors I mentioned. Here are two photos. I have put more in the OneDrive Cruiser Photos 2. The small glass section in the one on the right is shattered. But the roll-up portion in both doors is still intact.

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

Sent you a DM

Sold today, $18,500. I think it is a fair price. Came with a lot of goodies that I may have made more from piecemeal, but that's more work, too.

Stock springs and old wheel set (not original) available. Best offer.

FJprepare.jpg

FJdeparture.jpg

newFJgoodies.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom