Bronze Tint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So someone's offered up some tint that is a match for the bronze (not green) tint that some LC's and all LX's have.

You can see results here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/362327-good-match-bronze-tint.html

It takes 6 feet to do both front windows, he also did his rear hatch which was 5 feet (11 feet total).

I'm in for 12 feet, which means there's enough for 7 more people if they just want the front windows or 3 if they want the front windows and hatch.

He will cut me a deal on the remainder of the roll, which is 55 feet. Otherwise it's $5 a foot.

Anyone interested?

The FJ is a smoke/grey tint I think, rather than the bronze.

Most newer vehicles seem to use smoke/grey instead of green/bronze. This is mostly for the 80 series folk, who have a real Cruiser. :lol:

The FJ is a smoke/grey tint I think, rather than the bronze.

Most newer vehicles seem to use smoke/grey instead of green/bronze. This is mostly for the 80 series folk, who have a real Cruiser. :lol:

this comeN from the guy who drives a Lex.... Dick

is it just me that sees the irony in this post :flipoff2:

this comeN from the guy who drives a Lex.... Dick

Oh I see the irony in it. Of course the Lexus is simply a rebadged Toyota.

Real Land Cruisers are produced Yoshiwara and Tahara plants. The Yoshiwara plant produces only 570's, 200 Series, and the various 70 series. The Tahara plant produces the 200/570 series in addition to other Toyota/Lexus vehicles.

The FJ Cruiser is produced at the Hamura plant, in conjunction with Hino motors.

Real Cruisers are kept in house. Toyota outsource's the cheap knock offs. :flipoff2:

Some of you might find this interesting, it's a tour of the Toyota plant(s), first by Mot and a few pages later by Cdan and Beno.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat-section/137633-toyota-auto-body-factory-tour.html

And when did you take your's over Rubicon?....

And when did I say they weren't capable rigs?

But if you want to use Rubicon as the bar....Jeeps and Sami's do Rubicon too. :p

While mine is not lex and isnt all that pretty, I'd still be down for the tint just cause... I don't like people seeing what i got inside... Bad enough my Sparco's are stamped bright white letters across the head rest... I just know some ricer has his eyes on it...

Anyways I'm making the cross country trip next week to bring my rig home. I'm in for tint, and soon some trails!

Count me in E.

-Matt

For just the front windows (6 feet) or front windows and rear hatch (11 feet)?

E,

I just the fronts for me - 6'

Thanks,

-Matt

Oh I see the irony in it. Of course the Lexus is simply a rebadged Toyota.

Real Land Cruisers are produced Yoshiwara and Tahara plants. The Yoshiwara plant produces only 570's, 200 Series, and the various 70 series. The Tahara plant produces the 200/570 series in addition to other Toyota/Lexus vehicles.

The FJ Cruiser is produced at the Hamura plant, in conjunction with Hino motors.

Real Cruisers are kept in house. Toyota outsource's the cheap knock offs. :flipoff2:

Some of you might find this interesting, it's a tour of the Toyota plant(s), first by Mot and a few pages later by Cdan and Beno.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat-section/137633-toyota-auto-body-factory-tour.html

Just a slight correction:

Tahara just recently started assembling the 200 Series only, not the LX 570. The start date was Spring of 2007. First time another domestic plant was allowed to manufacture the Land Cruiser outside of the Yoshiwara Plant. Mainly due to world demand.

Toyota Auto Body is owned 51% by Toyota. It is actually a subsidiary company as was Araco before it. Therefore, technically, Toyota has been outsourcing production and assembly of the Land Cruiser for many years....

The FJC is still not a cruiser....

:flipoff2: :hillbilly:

(just kidding...I love the FJC....I want one....bad.....)

PS: Gabe--parts are on the way.

;)

Yup, but it hasn't gone out yet.

PM jasonbraswell and ask if you can have some tint shipped with my order.

Got the package yesterday. Haven't even opened it. :doh:

Got the package yesterday. Haven't even opened it. :doh:

I'm looking to head down to Medford this week to meet up with Gnob to pick up a few "necessary" items to get the rig rolling again. Maybe I can snatch the tint also?

-Matt

Did you get a hold of jasonbraswell and manage to get your order included in this shipment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom