Bronze OEM Wheels - Yay or Neh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have corrosion on some of my wheels and thinking about getting them refinished. Figured if I did that, I might as well get them refinished in another color. Really like the look of the Heritage bronze wheels on the white 200 series. Not sure how good it would look on 18" OEM wheels.

sleebuilt-he12.jpg

Did some Photoshop on my 18" stock wheels. What does the MUD group think?
full

Would look best if the bumpers and side trim were also painted body color or black. (Running boards too… gone preferably)

Would look best if the bumpers and side trim were also painted body color or black. (Running boards too… gone preferably)
Should have mentioned this is a picture when I bought it. Now has White Knuckle sliders and Slee rear bumper. In the near future it will have an aftermarket front bumper.

Personally I love bronze factory wheels, but I would do black center caps for a bit of contrast

Agreed. Black center caps would be a good contrast.

The gloss bronze is an acquired taste. But the bronze matte, that’s the character I would go for if I have a white cruiser. It basically compliments how clean and glossy the white paint body color and blends well with the matte finish of the black rubber tires. It’s rugged but its clean and vice versa. But that’s just me.

The gloss bronze is an acquired taste. But the bronze matte, that’s the character I would go for if I have a white cruiser. It basically compliments how clean and glossy the white paint body color and blends well with the matte finish of the black rubber tires. It’s rugged but its clean and vice versa. But that’s just me.
Yep. Totally agree matte finish is the way to go on bronze wheels.

I have a set of OEM 18" 100 Series wheels in the garage that I've painted Duplicolor Bronze for my white 1999. They have a matte finish and I like the color. Duplicolor bronze is so hard to find, that I wonder if they quit making it.

There was a River Rock 100 Series with OEM 18" powder coated bronze for sale on Mud a few years back that looked fantastic.

I'll try to edit this post with a pic when I get home.

Last edited:
I like the heritage wheels, and think that a set of Tundra or 200 series wheels coated bronze would look great on a 100; but the smaller 16" stocker wheels in my opinion just don't look right in bronze.

Tundra 18's right? i'm completely sold on this look. Just wanting to get myself a set.
Yes Sir. These are the gray and black ones off of a Tundra TRD. The TRD Pro rims are the same just painted black. I'm also running 1" Bora wheel spacers so that the wheel caps fit the fronts. I also switched out the Toyota logos for the Lexus. Not too hard, found some caps on ebay and removed the logos. Then had to modify the pieces that attach to the cap to work. Added some glue and everything has been good to go.

Screenshot_20211006-211107_DuckDuckGo.jpg
I'm looking at getting these for my white 01 LX. I really like the bronze with black. I've never been a gold/bronze wheel guy, but something about them feels so right for the cruiser.
18x9 with a 35 mm offset. I'm still in the research prosses, but I think they will fit.

JMO....., but the 200 OEM wheels look great on the 100. If my understanding is correct, Toyota shipped the heritage edition 200's to the US with the standard 200 silver wheels, all 5. The silver wheels were swapped out for the bronze in the US. This created a fairly large bank of brand new OEM silver 200 wheels in Houston. Another company got the contract to liquidate the silver wheel inventory about 2 years ago. They had a couple thousand on hand at the time. I snagged a set of 5 on ebay for $80 per wheel which included shipping and center caps.......yep! I had them powder coated for about the same. My suggestion, stick with some iteration of OEM Landcruiser wheels. You'll always be happy with the best. Picture attached for reference.

169693.jpg

6D404D1B-B7ED-4586-8EFD-06372ECF8144.jpeg
Can anyone with a moment and a set of photoshop skills make these wheels bronze? I’m curious…thanks in advance.

Not my cup of tea (I'm a zero-bling kind of Cruiserhead) but I think that turned out nice and it looks good with your color Cruiser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom