Broken VSV? Don't replace it, just add another! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nukegoat

Should have bought a Jeep
SILVER Star
Threads
Rather than remove my old VSV that had failed (in an "open" position, for what it's worth), I instead just built a little bracket to run a dorman 911-850 up near the EGR itself for "easy maintenance" or something.

If you file down the little nub on the dorman VSV, it fits right up to the oem wiring harness. I just snipped mine off the old VSV and made a new bypass line out of it with some vampire clamps on the old fella:
hlNXRGK.jpg

WGJySJx.jpg

Then, just build a little bracket and mount your VSV right near the EGR:
297BT66.jpg

Finished product:
hFUG2dd.jpg

Why does this work? Well since all the VSV does is close when it gets 12 volts, you can just run another one in-line from the EGR to the intake and it works the same. And if it fails again, it's easy to swap now.

I've had the same Dorman valve since '13 and it's been working fine. My solution is a little more crude but same concept. Just extended the tubing and let it dangle in front of the intake manifold near the PS reservoir.

9279974626_2320d23788_h.jpg

Or... relocate to a Free State and then "relocate" the EGR system to the dust bin......Asbestos undies deployed. ;)

Or... relocate to a Free State and then "relocate" the EGR system to the dust bin......Asbestos undies deployed. ;)

No argument here. I wish there were exemptions for vehicles that get driven less than 3000 miles a year...

I'm curious...if I no longer have my EGR or most of the other emissions crap for that matter, is the VSV even viable anymore? I'm having a sudden "surge" in acceleration when throttle is induced as well a raw fuel smell at times. The charcoal canister is fairly new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom