Broken vacuum nipple on plastic intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I broke off the large vacuum nipple, I think it's for the crankcase ventilation, while changing an ignition coil. As a fix to get home I covered the intake with Gorilla tape and left the vent tube open.

Could I glue this nipple back on? Is there any type of glue or epoxy that would work? Or would that be a waste of time, and I should just get a new intake?

I broke the back one off years ago, and just built up an epoxy fillet around it and hooked the hose back up. I have to be super gentle with it ever time I remove it, but it seems to function OK. I tried JB weld, but it didn't work great. Ended up using some play-doh consistency 2 part epoxy in a tube that seemed to stick alright. As the miles rack up, that plastic box comes off quite a bit for various repairs. I think I had sticker shock when I priced a new one (that happens to me a lot), and IIRC, the Tundra ones are different shape (smaller).

Is there enough 'meat' to drill and tap it a couple threads for a brass nipple fitting? Add some epoxy as well.

I was thinking of that. I don't own any taps though, and that would have to be a pretty big tap that I'll never use again.

I think I'll try the epoxy, then the blind tank fitting if the epoxy doesn't hold.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom