Broken spark plug on cylinder 6, any advise? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So….the plot thickens! Went to do a simple spark plug n wire change today, as I usually do I do the hardest plugs first so started with the last one, and the wire came out a lil to easy, couldn’t quite fire out what was up, took some photos. When I would turn the ratchet it felt like it was against rubber, Appears the spark plug is broken off in there. I will post photos, any advice now, I have extractors but have no way to get them into the cylinder bc of how deep it is.

792237BB-05BA-4620-B163-AFB06CE7C969.jpeg

DBEA9E7C-4A50-48A9-8D85-94B2820D2E89.jpeg

07D8BAD8-2E64-41D9-BCF5-55614BEEDBC4.jpeg

BA346EB9-1D5E-4760-8DDC-2BE41BA146E6.jpeg

This thread might help.

Actually, when I zoomed in I had a light bulb go off! So it looks like the boot on the outside, and the rubber insert from a spark plug socket! Bc yes It freely spins! I don’t have any picks or hooks so I will need to run to the store in the am but I think that’s what it is!

Thanks! That post was a huge help! I went to check the boot again and it was completely intact! So is there like an inner boot in there? Like mine didn’t tear like the photo in the other post. So idk if this happens previously bc the plug came out way too east like it wasn’t even connected.

Looks like part of the rubber boot?

Looks like the metal terminal and porcelain are intact?

Take a pic of one of the other plug tubes and compare?

Fish it out with a hook or pick.

I'm surprised how often I use hooks and picks after messing about with screwdrivers etc for years. A pick set will be money well spent.

@Gunrunner235 : here's another link to a prior discussion, same topic; multiple ways to remove it, keep trying until one works with what tools you have.

Search is your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom