broken plastic at power steering union. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I pulled my ps vane pump to do a reseal kit and when I took off the output hose a bunch of plastic fragments popped out. parts drawings are pretty lame, and can't really tell what this broken plastic piece is from. maybe someone here can help me out.... is this part of the union pressure port? or is this part of the flow control valve?

...aaaand, should I be concerned that I did not find the oring?

Anybody?

Looking at the FSM, you have the Pressure Port Union, O-Ring, Flow Control Valve, and Spring in that order. There isn't any plastic piece at all. Did you find the spring? You asked should the missing O-Ring be a concern, well yes, it's on the high pressure side of the pump and without it the pump should have been leaking steadily.

Yes, the spring is still there... neither the fsm or dealer parts diagram show this piece in the illustrations..., which is why I'm confused. those plastic crumbles popped out before the valve came out. the spring was down below. when the union bolt was 3/4 out, I heard the cracking sound and when the bolt came out, these fragments followed, then the valve, then the spring... none of the pics reference it, so I was wondering if it was part of the union or part of the valve.... but from what I can tell both parts are all metal. it's possible the oring was lost in the fluid slop, I just didn't find it.

I was able to use superglue to piece the part i had back together and was able to snap a few pics...

As im reading on this. I read that the bolt to remove the valve is a 24mm.... I only used the 22mm... the attempt was to remove the hose.... it looks like my hose stayed together and the 24mm broke loose first. I did not anticipate that.

To give you a little background... I was looking into an oil leak thinking it was the oil pump cover... after cleanup I noticed the vane pump was missing a nut. it also was weaping from the rear... not bad but it was seeping. ...so I ordered a seal kit and oring for the timing cover and thought id rebuild it and reinstall. ...and now here I am lol

There was no plastic piece in my pump when I tore it down. If you need any parts related to the valve assembly / fluid outlet I have some off of a busted pump (vane/housing wear).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom