Broken maf sensor on 93 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just purchased a land cruiser for my girlfriend. 93 beater for $500 with the plan of restoring it for her. Right off the bat I busted the maf sensor. Removed the 2 screws and figured it would pull out and I could spray it off. Well....not. So what are my options for replacement without paying the $700 for a new Oem part? I also noticed the intake tube is also cracked. On account of it was wrapped in duct tape.

just purchased a land cruiser for my girlfriend. 93 beater for $500 with the plan of restoring it for her. Right off the bat I busted the maf sensor. Removed the 2 screws and figured it would pull out and I could spray it off. Well....not. So what are my options for replacement without paying the $700 for a new Oem part? I also noticed the intake tube is also cracked. On account of it was wrapped in duct tape.

you wish that you can bay new one for 700$ form Toyota because this part discontinued and not available anymore

It's not a maf it is called afm vfm, there is nothing to clean as you found out. You can open and re solder it, there is also a screw that can adjust and the spring. If you cant fix best bet is used

The no-no screws strike again! I did the same datgum thing to my '93. You'll find a good used one, and you can pass on the knowledge of what NOT to do...

Go onto car-part.com, search for some commonly listed part (e.g. wheel, axle, fender) for '93 or '94, then call the yards in the results and ask about the AFM/MAF/whatever. I doubt any yard would bother to list the part itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom