Broken interior wood trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2011LX, the fake wood (Yamaha piano so to speak), under heat has come unglued & when pressed back, it just broke. What’s the deal with re-appointing this type of interior trims?

The wood is actually a real wood veneer. This is a common problem with these trucks in areas that get really hot and dry (Think Texas). My 2011LX came from Dallas when I got it and it has this problem all over. Above glove box, door panel by seat memory buttons, seat ventilation controls, above cigarette lighter/ashtray compartment.
Not much can be done accept replacing it. There may now be aftermarket options in carbon fiber or other woods. Search around.

I’ll add that the Land Cruisers use plastic instead, it doesn’t peel up and crack, but it fades and becomes discolored.

My Dallas(TX) car has this issue in two places... I've thought about just wrapping over it ... maybe that will work.. If you come up with a solution please post.

So I tried to solve this but most all restoration places I called said they don’t refinish veneer on plastic. I used Craft Customs who hydro dipped it, slightly different grain (mine is bubinga) but very close color match, looks great. $150 to do the cracked piece by the ash tray and it’s hard to tell the difference. Only option I could find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom