Broken HAC Vac Line Nipple (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The desmog was going smoothly until I broke the top nipple on the HAC Valve. Living at high elevation and occasionally heading down to the desert I would like to keep this part of the cruiser. Does anyone have any successful ways of making a repair? I saw taking a small diameter pipe inside and then sliding the two sides back together. Also, I saw just taking a two part epoxy and just welding the outside together and using a drill bit to keep it clear of glue. Another option would be to source a new HAC valve. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks

The HAC valve for early 4Runners is still available and almost identical to the LC. Only diff is the bottom nipple open at atmosphere is just a hole on the 4R

I've used regular super glue with good success on things like brittle plastic BVSV nipples.

in the future, try a razor blade to cut vac lines off of brittle old plastic bits (if thats how she broke)

I've used regular super glue with good success on things like brittle plastic BVSV nipples.

in the future, try a razor blade to cut vac lines off of brittle old plastic bits (if thats how she broke)

That's what I do. Vac tube way cheaper than replacing valves. I also use a film of synthetic grease on the nipples so they slip off next go round.

Yeah, that 30 yo plastic is pretty brittle after a zillion heat cycles and thirty years of age. Carefully cutting a slit in the top of the vac line makes removal a lot easier. Ive used a tiny dab of brake cleaner to act as a lube when reinstalling the vac lines (it acts as a lube at first to slip the line on and then evaps out of the line and forms a good seal). Breaking things is all part of the learning process while wrenching

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom