Broken glove box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So now with everyone's help I have my truck running. I'm ordering the fuel filter primer assembly but looks like it may take 6 weeks to get it. In the mean time truck seems to be running good so ofcourse I am driving it. I put the insurance card and registration in glove box the other day and now it won't open. The handle pulls up but not releasing the catch. Anyone now how to open it up without damaging it?

So now with everyone's help I have my truck running. I'm ordering the fuel filter primer assembly but looks like it may take 6 weeks to get it. In the mean time truck seems to be running good so ofcourse I am driving it. I put the insurance card and registration in glove box the other day and now it won't open. The handle pulls up but not releasing the catch. Anyone now how to open it up without damaging it?

Haha, that just happened to me too. Wife tried to open it and broke the handle mechanism. On mine a cast piece of aluminum that the plastic handle hinges on broke. Once I removed the plastic part I was able to open it using a flat head screw driver to pull open the latch (above a vertical spring). Haven't had time to source a new latch, but I'm sure the part number is on Megazip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom