Broken Front Shock mount on 86FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This if my firt post on this board...

I broke the front, upper shock mount on my 86FJ60, not sure how I did it, but its done. The mount broke at the point where it begins to curve down just above the rivets. Can this be welded or will I have to get a new (used) one?
Any advise will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
DRB

I would find somebody that is parting out an fj60 and orfj62(if it's the same) and have them grind the rivets off and pop the mount off the frame and send you the entire shock mount. Then you grind the rivets off of yours and put that "new" one in place. You could then use some grade 5 or 8 hardware to bolt it on...let me know if the 62 one will work..know somebody that is parting it out.

Stew

enh,

$15 at dealer, buy a new one and save the grinding for someone else.

Shock mount

Just happened to my 87 FJ60. The new dealer part is $26 and is about 0.060IN thicker than the old. On mine I have a exaush shield directly behind the frame, dont want to go the bolt option. Ive ground off the heads of the rivets and I'm going to plug weld the new bracket in place using whats left of the old rivet.

you might want to tack it on the side of the mount as well . Your plug weld will never be as strong as the factory rivet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom