Broken exterior door handle fix? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, this happened to the driver's side door a while back. It still works, but it's going to break at some point and I'm getting ready to sell the rig. I'm going to fix/replace it, but wanted to know what the best and cheapest way would be?

Can I just get a handle and have a body shop paint match and a mechanic install/me install? Or is the handle an "assembly" where I need to replace the whole thing? I tried to price just the handle but an unpainted one was $120!

Any advice would be helpful.

1996, FYI.

PXL_20210127_203123504.MP.jpg

I got my 69220-60020 driver's handle from Toyota for $106 and it was pre painted dark emerald. I bought it, installed it in less than 30 minutes and haven't had to deal with it since. Food for thought.

I got my 69220-60020 driver's handle from Toyota for $106 and it was pre painted dark emerald. I bought it, installed it in less than 30 minutes and haven't had to deal with it since. Food for thought.
You sir, are both a scholar and a gentleman! I only found unpainted models, so I'll definitely be hoping they have it in my color. *crosses fingers*

Okay, found it in Desert Dune/1A5 from CruiserParts.net for $60! Now to see if the order will go through!

Last edited:
With those guys it will be used if you care.

I was aware, no worries. It said on the site. I also assumed for the price. Hope they have it and that its in decent condition

For those needing something quickly.

Door Handle.jpg

Door Handle1.jpg

Door Handle2.jpg

You sir, are both a scholar and a gentleman! I only found unpainted models, so I'll definitely be hoping they have it in my color. *crosses fingers*

Okay, found it in Desert Dune/1A5 from CruiserParts.net for $60! Now to see if the order will go through!
Good luck with that purchase.

Look up their reviews.

I was able to do a temp fix (using old credit cards with glue) in Peru a few years back. It last longer than I expected (2 years) before I replaced with new parts.

I went to the dealer and ordered it . When ordering they asked for my VIN. When delivered it was painted the vehicle color and bolted right up. Easiest repair I've ever done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom