Broken exhaust manifold tab

• Thread starter CruisingTheLand
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
CruisingTheLand

CruisingTheLand

SILVER Star
32713BFC EA06 4E7F BDEE 2A7835E5699D

How badly did I screw up? Is this repairable or should I just start looking for a new manifold now? Mar ‘73 build

65swb45

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
As a younger man, I remember seeing something at the muffler shops that resembled two short, arc shaped rods that resembled Landcruiser door limiters, joined by two bolts. It seemed like their purpose was to put a ‘choke’ on the throat of the manifold and provide something to secure the exhaust to. Never seen one ON a Landcruiser, but always thought it would work.

For how long…🤔?

Place a want ad and see what you come up with. If you’re still looking in a week, give me a jingle.

Pin_Head

Pin_Head

Brazing works, but I think you would be better off finding another good one I’d you can.

Don’t try welding it. It will just crack again unless you weld it under the same conditions that it was cast, where it can cool very slowly.

65swb45

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
As a younger man, I remember seeing something at the muffler shops that resembled two short, arc shaped rods that resembled Landcruiser door limiters, joined by two bolts. It seemed like their purpose was to put a ‘choke’ on the throat of the manifold and provide something to secure the exhaust to. Never seen one ON a Landcruiser, but always thought it would work.

For how long…🤔?

Place a want ad and see what you come up with. If you’re still looking in a week, give me a jingle.
I’m back if you’re still looking.