Broken down BJ40 in Medford, OR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there guys and gals,

Long time reader first time writer... um... HELP, I'm stuck in Medford, OR!

...long story, here it goes. After several thousands of $$$ repairing my 1980 BJ40 I felt it was time to take it on a long road trip to Baja Mexico. I have been running it as a daily driver and she seemed ready for the task. Well, just outside of Sunny Valley, OR i hear a clack-clack-clack noise coming from what I thought sounded like a valve. I pulled over at a small gas station and then my girlfriend and I checked the clearances on the intake and exhaust valves... everything looked good, and then I started the truck up, she idled roughly but constantly for about 2 min, and then she quit. I have not been able to start it... I feebly tried bump starting it down a small hill (didn't work), I got the vehicle towed to the Toyota Dealership (yikes $$$) in Medford, OR and when their service dept opens tomorrow, I'm going to try and figure out what's wrong with this thing.

REQUEST FOR HELP!

1) Any oregon cruiser heads out there near Medford, want to come and see my truck?

2) Since the diesel BJ40 was never imported into the US will they have any idea what to do with mine?

3) Does anybody have any recomendations for a good diesel mechanic in Medford?

4) Anybody know what the problem is?

5) I don't want this to ruin my vacation, does anybody have another Cruiser for sale near Medford?

Sincerely,
Sean Allan
(I'll check back again tomorrow)
otherwise call 541-779-0050 room 272 windmill inn.

Hate to tell you but I had a similar experience in the same area. Dropped precup!! Will it turn over at all? I'll bet not. btw: The local Toyota dealer won't have the foggiest idea what to do. I'd haul it home.
Not what you want to hear but that's my summary.

bump for help in OR

I'm about a hour and a half north of you, butt don't know anything about diesels. butt if there's anything i can do to help let me know.

Archie,
Thanks for the heads-up on the help list. I put my name in tonight. I've used such systems before when traveling with my BMW motorcycles.

bummer....i live in medford but i'm in new orleans at the time working. try star auto body and towing. i know thwe owner and he's a cruiser head. there also in medford. good luck.

I think they were the ones that wrecked the tailgate of my truck. pretty sure it was Star towing driver of the year that did it. they sort of paid for it, but they wouldn't pay for a original quality tailgate, just a junk replacement.

did you watch the dude fill up your truck at the pump ? oregon doesn't allow you to pump your own gas / diesel . Maybe the dude figured it was a gasser.

The best thing that I have seen here so far is maybe the fuel. A guy at work did the same thing with the diesel fire truck. Filled it with petrol instead of diesel and it quit until the whole system was flushed.

probably too late, but sent you a pm, sorry I'm so slow. Don't get on the boards much, sent you a pm. Later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom