Broken button on drivers seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, a couple of months ago I was getting into our 1993 LC, as I was getting myself into the drivers seat, my loose shorts caught onto the upper control button on the drivers seat and broke it off :whoops: .
I'm wondering if I can order this part alone, or do I have to buy the whole f*&^%$# seat.
I have a thread running in the parts section looking for a drivers seat, but if I can take this route it'll save me afew $'s.
Thanks for any input!
:cheers:

I will upload pics shortly!

Ok here are three pics I just took.
Driver seat.JPG
Drivers seat.JPG
Drivers seat and broken button.JPG

I had that happen on my 96 LC that a drunk driver took from me :mad::mad: and I had bought the replacement from toyota. No need for a new seat but I did have to take it to another shop that was going to take the seat covers/leather off in order to get into the seat to replace the unit. In any case it wasn't that difficult to do. If you pop the back of the seat off carefully you will see how easy it is to remove the leather covering.

Had the same thing happen on my Passenger side. I pulled the switch apart and used a very small screw form an old computer mouse I had laying around to fasten the button back on. The screw came from the inside out and I added some glue to is as well. It's been fine for over 5 years.

I had that happen to my 93 as well....I believe it was quite possibly the best mod thats been done yet. Now whenever anyoneone else drives my truck they cant move my seat to a position that i dont like. I use to spend at least 3-5 minutes adjusting my seat after my dad or wife drove my truck. Im a little OCD when it comes to my seat and steering wheel and mirrors and well, basicly everything else.

WOW!

I didn't realize they broke off so easily, or else I would have broke mine a while ago. This is much easier then cutting off the wifes fingers.:D :bounce: :D

Aussie,
Since the button snaps onto the pivot i just threaded a small screw into what was left of the switch and snapped the button back on. Has worked fine for a while now.

So whats the easiest way to pull the switch apart? I'm not sure how to even pull it off!:doh:

This is the most cheepest and some might say ghetto way to use the switch. Its a 1 inch deck screw. Just screw directly in (It has to be just right....about a quarter inch....test the switch.....fwd/back..... back it out a bit if doesn't work...)

You can even cut off the head and re-attach the plastic switch! (Im just too lazy -someday i'll do it) But it just works fine for the 4 years i've owned the LX.
screw.JPG

MLX this does look like the easiest approach, I'll pretty mine up alittle more than yours. And if easter bunny is real nice to me tomorrow I might even up some pics of my work!
:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom