Broken Birf Picture Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Land Speeder

InstaH8R
Threads
Is there really not a broken birf picture thread?

I'll start off with literally maybe the 8th one I've broken in a years time...

IMG_1181.jpg

94e6f27d.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

i think i'd go longs ratrher than replacing 8 birfs a year. some parts are worth the extra money if it means more trail time and less repair time.:cool:

i think i'd go longs ratrher than replacing 8 birfs a year. some parts are worth the extra money if it means more trail time and less repair time.:cool:

You selling me longs for $25-$50? I'm southern, but I'm not stupid. I've got a total of maybe $200 invested in those 8 birfs...
I recently bought one new because I was supposed to give my stock for a guys longs, but he couldn't make the ride.

Got a pic to add? Let's get back to pics....

That sure is a weird place to break them? Something causing excessive pressure, are the spindles bent? Trunnion bearings and races the correct ones, races fit the the bores correctly and tight?

You selling me longs for $25-$50? I'm southern, but I'm not stupid. I've got a total of maybe $200 invested in those 8 birfs...
I recently bought one new because I was supposed to give my stock for a guys longs, but he couldn't make the ride.

Got a pic to add? Let's get back to pics....

the only 80 front axle failures i've had were inner star (bell was fine) and a knuckle. maybe i have pics somewhere, probably on my old computer.

Ill add mine. Being stupid, front locked,spinning tires and turned a little too sharp. These pieces and the balls were the biggest parts of metal left.

Lesson Learned.

BrokenAxle8-8-09008.jpg

Land speeder, i wonder how a cryo treated one would do? not a Longfield, but just one of your standard birfs.

Land speeder, i wonder how a cryo treated one would do? not a Longfield, but just one of your standard birfs.

I've searched high and low for the cage only... Even called Longfield looking for cages. I've been using worn out birfs, 200+thousand mile type... the cage goes on them. The one above is the newest one of them all. It never saw road use. And the cage and star are fine. I'm not cheap, if i had the extra for Longs, i'd get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom