broke up rear diff lock engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please help me...

I have an 80 from 1995, it’s a 4.2 diesel engine and it has near 200 HP, it’s very beautiful and like all of you I like to walking around hear and see the news for our lovely machine, know how can it be more and more beautiful. I’m having some problems with the tires because in my country it’s not easy to get big tires, I like to have something like 36x12.5 R 16 and I can’t get nothing like this, but now I’m having a big problem, I broke up the electrical engine of rear diff lock, I don’t know how but it’s broken, and in Portugal, my country the Toyota says that it just sold all engine, and I just broke up the final of the engine, so it’s too expensive to get that, I’d like to know someone that can gat me or sell me or tell me how can I have my diff lock working again.

From Portugal...

Ricardo

You're lame, Rick. He is from Portugal and yet you mock his use of a foreign language. Another typical ignorant American. Don't try some lame excuse about why you did it and how YOU think it's funny. You're rude.

Lindsay

And yes, I have traveled to Europe. You should try it sometime. Beija o meu cu! (portuguese)

tuning4 said:
Please help me...

... or tell me how can I have my diff lock working again.

Ricardo,

Search for posts by Landtoy80. If I remember correctly, he broke the electric motor on his rear diff lock assembly. He replaced it with a cable locking mechanism available from a USA company called Downey. Now that I think about it, he might have damaged the front. Either way, you can fabricate a way to engage the locking mechanism using a manual cable lock.

-B-

I have traveled to Europe as well, had British poke fun at the way I talk, and I have been made fun of for the way I speak Spanish here.

It is not an American phenomenon.

Another typical ignorant Brit, Spaniard etc all apply as well. Go ahead and be completely politically correct and say "another typical ignorant human being"

Is it really that big of a deal, that a post was warranted? No. Loosen up and maybe that rod up your ass will fall out. :doh:

Sorry if I was another ignorant, rude American. :rolleyes:

California :rolleyes:

LindsayInCali said:
You're lame, Rick. He is from Portugal and yet you mock his use of a foreign language. Another typical ignorant American. Don't try some lame excuse about why you did it and how YOU think it's funny. You're rude.

Lindsay

And yes, I have traveled to Europe. You should try it sometime. Beija o meu cu! (portuguese)

Back to the question at hand-

Ricardo- there are a few things to try before throwing out the old difflock actuator motor. Pull the motor off the axle and clean it out, check the wiring harness, and change your rear diff fluid. I have actually had nonfunctional difflocks begin to work with a simple diff fluid change.

ummm....ok

Bailey--I stand by what I said in principle, even if it was a bit abrasive. The point was, I enjoy Mud (mostly as a lurker) for the informative posts. But replies like that, while you're right, really wasn't that much a big deal, still annoys me when in public someone with a valid question is mocked. And yes, I'll give as well as I get, so I can handle the flamez.

Your response was pitiful, and far more blatantly abusive, of course...but then, you're from Georgia. You are forgiven--one can't expect you to have culture...in Georgia, they put cottage cheese in the gourmet food section at Wal-Mart.

That's it--nuff said--not checking this thread again.

--Lindsay

Proud of Cali :princess:

But Bailey-- I liked your response, after you so rudely responded to me. Hmmm. Yin and yang? (Google it)

I've been studying continuously for the last 24 hours, (3 hours of sleep) with 3 more days to go, not in a great mood.

Something in your post struck me wrong, no big deal.

I enjoy being somewhat rude and abrasive every once in awhile. Need to let it out, you know. (normally congenial, rarely ever confrontational)

Glad you like Cali, its got a few things goin for it. Just not enough Cottage Cheese and walmarts for me. :flipoff2:

No hard feelings. :cheers:

LindsayInCali said:
Bailey--I stand by what I said in principle, even if it was a bit abrasive. The point was, I enjoy Mud (mostly as a lurker) for the informative posts. But replies like that, while you're right, really wasn't that much a big deal, still annoys me when in public someone with a valid question is mocked. And yes, I'll give as well as I get, so I can handle the flamez.

Your response was pitiful, and far more blatantly abusive, of course...but then, you're from Georgia. You are forgiven--one can't expect you to have culture...in Georgia, they put cottage cheese in the gourmet food section at Wal-Mart.

That's it--nuff said--not checking this thread again.

--Lindsay

Proud of Cali :princess:

So maybe while Lindsey and Bailey are bickering about what Landtank said, Ricardo can follow beowulf's advice and find the solution........I'm confused...........

Anyhow, welcome Ricardo, and don't let this sour you on the rest of the mudders, There are a lot of folks here that can help you out.
First off, we'd like to see some pics of your LC, we like to drool over cruisers that we can't get.
Second, how did you break your diff lock, ie trail damage, water crossing, just up and quit, etc.
Third, we need some specs on your rig, does it have a front locker too? CDL, Lights on dash working, etc.
Good luck and Welcome.

Oh, and Lindsey, since I know you will check this thread again, I hope you aren't from Northern California................IH8socal

ok I'm rude but the guy might have more easily understood what I said in that statement over the more proper english one as it was written in how he wrote his question.

His ability to translate protugal to english might work both ways when he's reading english.

The poor guy might be sitting there still translating what you wrote thinking it's helping him with his problem.

I've worked with a lot of different people around the world and as rude as that was for you sometimes when trying to comunicate technical info you have to talk like they do so they can understand it.

So while he might not completely understand what I first wrote, he might understand that the dealer was correct that only the assembly is available and that would help him piece together what I first wrote.

the world isn't always PC, but that's life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom