Broke this bracket (pic) off-roading, what’s the best option? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are there good aftermarket options to keep dust water out of the 7 pin and mount it higher somewhere?

195F38CB-C7F4-4052-AF71-3BA223D2DFFC.jpeg

I've destroyed two of them on different cruisers. I now just keep the broken receptacle pigtail zip-tied to the frame and cut it down if/when I need to tow. I put dielectric grease on the tabs and have electrical tape over it. Never had an issue with shorting out/corrosion.

Your best option will be to immediately sell you vehicle to me for a ridiculously low price.

- Mark

I have mine mounted through my bumper cover actually.

If you want it to be hidden, you can mount it horizontally, facing down from behind the bumper.
x2

I'm using one of these now. I wouldn't call it good necessarily, but it does give better clearance.
Amazon product ASIN B001GKHGDM

I second this option. Also have it installed. I did de-pin the connector so I could route the wiring up through the frame and then put it all back together. COUldnt get the connector through that hole no matter how I held my mouth. It has been on a few wheeling trips since and is hanging tight.

When I someday damage this rear bumper it will be replaced with a swing out anyway. For now I put this in it.

If you hate it, there are bumper covers everywhere for $50.

I have a curt trailer hitch that is missing a fair amount of material on the corners from being dragged, so for me this was the easiest solution knowing I would tear it off otherwise.

Your results and preferences may vary!

IMG_20200706_131554.jpg

IMG_20200706_131545.jpg

Solid Hopkins 4 + 7 pin choice. I love mine too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom