Broke off water temp SENDER on water pump (3FE) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1992 FJ80 3FE / 208,xxx miles

Welp...today when I was poking around the engine bay I noticed the water temp sender wire plug (PN 8342020020) from the water pump was corroded. I touched it and it completely snapped off due to the corrosion. (See pics below) I no longer get a temp read on my dash.

My question is, can I buy that plug piece that connects to the sensor? I did a bit of searching and couldn't find anything online. I would easily be able to crimp a new one onto the existing wire but just can't find one for sale. Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,

IMG-1084.jpg
IMG-1086.jpg

Clean up the connector then look closely at either end of the connector down it's long axis for the part number (tiny font) embossed into the plastic. May need to take a photo of the numbers then magnify.

Clean up the connector then look closely at either end of the connector down it's long axis for the part number (tiny font) embossed into the plastic. May need to take a photo of the numbers then magnify.
Hey @Kernal good call, thanks for helping out here.

I just cleaned it off and the only letters/numbers I can find are -amp 18. Couldn't find anything unfortunately when searching for that, but I'll give it another once over incase I missed something.

I'm going to head to the hardware store tomorrow to see if they have a similar size female connector that I can try and swap into the old connector housing. Might do the trick. I'll report back on here.

That's a generic spade connector. Don't overcomplicate this one. You don't "need" the OEM connector housing for this.
In case you "must have" the OEM housing, 90980–10359 is the part number. $4.65 from Toyota.

That's a generic spade connector. Don't overcomplicate this one. You don't "need" the OEM connector housing for this.
In case you "must have" the OEM housing, 90980–10359 is the part number. $4.65 from Toyota.
Hey @jonheld, I was definitely over thinking this one. Went down to the hardware store and just switched out the spade connector inside the housing and works like a charm now. Thanks for sending over that PN.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom