Broke down in Pendleton, OR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The fan clutch is bad and, of course, it is a holiday. Any suggestion? I may have to order one online but delivery isn't till Monday and that is the "overnight" option.

Worse case, take the clutch apart, clean it out, and fill it with your adhesive of choice and replace later down the road. That would atleast be my plan. Is there a hobby store around?

The only store that can possibly get it is O'Rielley's...and that isn't until Tuesday. When the temp guage gets close to red, I would think the fan would be fully engaged. I shut the truck off opened the hood and spun the fan by hand very easily. Wouldn't there be resistance?
I like the adhesive idea. Worth a try I would think. Any adhesive? Like super glue? Or?

Sand!
People here at the hotel are offering to drive me to the nearest Dealership too. Amazing friendly helpful people here.

Run a couple screws through it. Will be locked up all the time but it will get you down the road.

Got it out. Now going to try and get it apart. It is a year old blue hub one,.

It is split apart easy enough.

This always works ...unscrew the phillips screws that hold the 2 halves together take care of the sealing square gasket for the halves . Clean as much of the old oil out, Replace it with F.I.P.G.......Form in place gasket (Silicoln). It has enough consistency to drive the fan , will not centrifically escape and obsorbs the torsional forces that could shatter the plastic fan.

I shut the truck off opened the hood and spun the fan by hand very easily. Wouldn't there be resistance?

How do you know it's the fan clutch? You should have started the truck again and tried to stop the fan (after it's warmed up) by jamming cardboard in between the blades. If it stops with no resistance, then you know it's the clutch. Otherwise you may have another problem on your hands.

... It is a year old blue hub one,.

They are not the strongest clutch, but are very well made, have a great track record of durability, would not expect one to die in a year.

... Otherwise you may have another problem on your hands.

^^^ This, how old is the radiator?

Did the screw approach. worked perfectly. Just test drove up a long grade with AC on and everything is just fine. Thanks you guys for the support and help!!!
We be rollin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom