Broke a nipple off air intake box (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All
I broke off one of the small hose nipples(larger of the 2 small) on the back side of part 17875-50190 box.
For 2000 LC. Any fix? The whole unit is like $400! I think this hose routes over to charcoal canister? If that hose is not going into the box, what's the outcome? Thanks!

Prep it with rough sanding/filing and then use Plastic-weld from JB weld.

If that doesn't work, drill it out, and use brake line hardware to make a metal tube nipple extrusion with some washers and nuts on both sides. Can get pretty creative in the hardware store isle as well.

Hi All,
What size bolts (2 I think) hold how the air intake unit to the manifold? My LC is missing these.- Thanks

If you are a bowhunter or know someone that has aluminum arrows, cut off a piece about 1.5" and JB weld it on. Works like a charm just like the nipple on top of a 80 series radiator,

Barbed nylon plastic or brass fittings come in all the right sizes- threaded, or non. Use JB weld to seal around the base of the fitting

Amazon is your friend here. This is a visual example for your search. I would try and find nylon or brass- this aquarium fitting prob won’t hold up to engine bay heat very long.

Amazon product ASIN B08DNQ7LXY

Prep it with rough sanding/filing and then use Plastic-weld from JB weld.

If that doesn't work, drill it out, and use brake line hardware to make a metal tube nipple extrusion with some washers and nuts on both sides. Can get pretty creative in the hardware store isle as well.
Not sure why I didn't think of something like this.

I found one on ebay for a decent price, may be worth looking around.

I initially used JB weld but it didn't hold long... Drilled it out and used a bronze fitting and haven't had any issues since. Hopefully yours will hold up!
IMG-4190.jpg

Can you get a P0171 code if that's cracked?
The nipple broke off even with the jb weld. I used the fitting (home depot) and put JB weld around that and there are no leaks and it's very secure. My dash lit up when it was broke, so I fixed it asap. I don't have a photo but can take one if you need it...

The nipple broke off even with the jb weld. I used the fitting (home depot) and put JB weld around that and there are no leaks and it's very secure. My dash lit up when it was broke, so I fixed it asap. I don't have a photo but can take one if you need it...
You mean check engine light?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom