1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British TV show Top Gear trys to kill a Toyota hilux

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Gus, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Gus

Gus

Media:
    Albums:
    Did anyone catch the British automotive show "Top gear" on the Discovery channel, wednesday evening; it gave us Toyota guys and gals one more thing to brag about. I guess over the corse of a year they've tried to destroy a late 80'sish Hilux diesel. They set it on fire, hit it with a wrecking ball a few times, submerse it in the ocean, then set it a top an old apartment building that was going to be demolished/blown up. After each torture session they were not allowed to use any new parts (used or new), they could only use basic hand tools and what was left of the rig to get it running and moving under it's own power. They managed to get the truck running and moving after each of these torture tests, even after it plummeted a few hundred feet into a pile of rubble. The body work was gone and the frame had almost completely snapped in half, but it still ran and moved under it's own power. The show is pretty entertaining, worth checking out for all motorheads.

2. calamaridog

calamaridog

I'm sure the REPOST police will be out in force:doh: Great show;)

3. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

That has been reposted in about a month. :)

Great show. DVR is set to record "any program at any time" for Top Gear.

4. 3puttcop

3puttcop

I also TIVO'd...the $3000 Porshe show was also pretty entertaining!

5. Jman

Jman

Yeah, repost, but I finally got to see it. They also had one host drive a Ferrari to a ski resort in Switzerland while the other two took trains/planes. That so enjoyable the wife didn't make me watch it downstairs (when its about bed time, and I've got a ball game or a car show on, I usually get banished from the bedroom :rolleyes: ).

6. DenverCruiser

DenverCruiser

Yep that was an awesome show. And yes, I had to watch it down stairs. :rolleyes:

7. firetruck41

firetruck41

Yeah, Top Gear is the only car show that the wife will not make me turn off when she wants to watch TV, she is actually somewhat entertained by it. :)

8. Gus

Gus

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not too suprised it's a repost (Mod, delete if you wish), entertaining none the less.