For Sale Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - FJ40/BJ42 LX Rear Zebra seats and plastic trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have for sale the zebra rear bench and jump seats, and the brown plastic interior rear trim, for RHD 83/84 FJ40 and BJ42 LX models. Pictures provide more details, but all items are in general good used condition.
EE6A1B7D-2D92-485D-9633-CDD1034A9CCC.jpeg

Seats - fixed two seater and fold-away single seat, with side armrests, all zebra pattern in great condition, brown plastic surround is perished but easy enough to match so an upholsterer could make it look new. Metal frames and panels have light surface rust in places, no dents or cuts. All hinges, latches work perfectly. Springs all accounted for, sponge is intact and can be reused but it is 40 years old. Does not include bolts, centre armrest, or jump seat floor latch. Does include two used black seat belts, not oem, and without warranty.

Interior Trim - four brown plastic interior panels, curved rear sections and front seat belt cover sections RHD. The curved bits have speaker holes cut but other than that the plastic is in really good condition for their age, only sign of sun fade is the light coloured seatbelt insets. Does not include plastic fasteners but other than that it is a complete plastic rear trim.

I’m honestly unsure of the value - I have seen just the seats advertised for 3.5 to 5k AUD, but you don’t see too many of these coming around so it’s difficult to know what is reasonable. I’d consider part swap for perishable oem spares for an 84 BJ42LX - door seals, gaskets, etc and I’m open to offers. Happy to help with postage or courier.

40C0127F-3405-48DB-8522-BA6DEA079A2A.jpeg

7EDE6439-241F-4255-939C-5708437E4931.jpeg

6BF4E794-D113-4BDC-9941-201FC60347CA.jpeg

0BF761C8-4982-4E73-AF55-F2D2E07D2F57.jpeg

Your user name sounds very familiar. Were you the one I was working on a trade with for a top cover for a 40 series H55F top plate? Top plate ended up being a four speed and you had sold your 40 and had a newer two door Nissan 4X4? This would have been late 2016, early 2017.

Would really like a stock forward facing rear seat setup. Besides the cost of the seats/panels getting them half way around the world is an issue. But certainly not impossible.

Your user name sounds very familiar. Were you the one I was working on a trade with for a top cover for a 40 series H55F top plate? Top plate ended up being a four speed and you had sold your 40 and had a newer two door Nissan 4X4? This would have been late 2016, early 2017.

Would really like a stock forward facing rear seat setup. Besides the cost of the seats/panels getting them half way around the world is an issue. But certainly not impossible.
I think you were trying everywhere to source a top plate :) and iirc a pic of an old gearbox I had lying around confirmed it was 4 speed so I couldn’t help you? Still got my 42, never had a 2dr Nissan though. Hope you’re well and found that top plate!

The seats are bulky and can’t really be broken down into smaller chunks…I’d be happy to assist with packaging/courier drop-off if that helps.

Probably the wrong person. The cover was at friend's in a very remote part northeast Queensland. Par of fetting the piece required a barge ride. Person I was I connect with was not in Brisbane but more rural and was working at the time tearing down building and moving them to other locations.

I currently have parts in the Melbourne area. I did have some parts around Brisbane that weren't as bulky and with help got them to Melbourne. Part of that was shipping from Sidney to Melbourne which was costly enough. Parts beside very hard to locate in the US were really inexpensive.

I have for sale the zebra rear bench and jump seats, and the brown plastic interior rear trim, for RHD 83/84 FJ40 and BJ42 LX models. Pictures provide more details, but all items are in general good used condition.
View attachment 2709833
Seats - fixed two seater and fold-away single seat, with side armrests, all zebra pattern in great condition, brown plastic surround is perished but easy enough to match so an upholsterer could make it look new. Metal frames and panels have light surface rust in places, no dents or cuts. All hinges, latches work perfectly. Springs all accounted for, sponge is intact and can be reused but it is 40 years old. Does not include bolts, centre armrest, or jump seat floor latch. Does include two used black seat belts, not oem, and without warranty.

Interior Trim - four brown plastic interior panels, curved rear sections and front seat belt cover sections RHD. The curved bits have speaker holes cut but other than that the plastic is in really good condition for their age, only sign of sun fade is the light coloured seatbelt insets. Does not include plastic fasteners but other than that it is a complete plastic rear trim.

I’m honestly unsure of the value - I have seen just the seats advertised for 3.5 to 5k AUD, but you don’t see too many of these coming around so it’s difficult to know what is reasonable. I’d consider part swap for perishable oem spares for an 84 BJ42LX - door seals, gaskets, etc and I’m open to offers. Happy to help with postage or courier.

View attachment 2709837

View attachment 2709841

View attachment 2709842

View attachment 2709843
Hi Gary,

Are the seats still for sale?

Thank you

Hi Gary,
I have been looking for seats for a very long time, based in Melbourne and will sort all the delivery out. Please contact me, very keen. Thanks

View attachment 2709833

View attachment 2709837

View attachment 2709841

View attachment 2709842

View attachment 2709843
Hi there. Do you still have the seats for sale? I’m very interested. Thanks. Jock

Are these still available?

Have any body tried to fabricated these , front facing seat ?
I am talking to one of Mechanic here in Saudi Arabia to get it done , for my FJ40LX .
He is having one same model parked with them

Have any body tried to fabricated these , front facing seat ?
I am talking to one of Mechanic here in Saudi Arabia to get it done , for my FJ40LX .
He is having one same model parked with them
Search through the classifieds here. Someone had zebra material made within the past three or four years.

Found a mention of it here:

@Casle is the one who had the fabric made by a mill. Maybe @FJ40GURU (Amir) was the person in Australia who bought a bulk amount?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom